yoke motormount 283 "61

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by len michelson, Nov 30, 2000.

1. len michelson

len michelson Member

I rebuilt my 61 panel in 71. I was able to buy, from my local dealer a "yoke motor mount" that went on both sides of the timing chain cover of a 283 and under the harmonic balancer. The counter person told me that they were made by chevy for converting car haulers from 6 cyl. to v-8's. That, with the bell house mounts and it dropped right in, the bolt holes in the frame were existing. I've got the parts, and the motor, and the truck, but have never seen this part offered anyplace. I'd like to find some for my sons project. Len

2. monster truck

monster truck Member

[font size=1" color="#FF0000]LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-00 AT 10:26 PM (CST)[/font][p]Not sure where you can find one, but for your information, I have a 1962 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 that came orginal with a v8 (283) and manual trans. It came with and still has the yoke motor mount on the front, might try a dealership with this truck information, or take the one you have to a machine and let them fabricate one for you, it should'nt be too hard or expensive. Hope this little bit of information helps. J.Corbett