62 C50 wire harness with alternator and hei

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Fossilcrusher, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Fossilcrusher

Fossilcrusher Member

Hi, I'm looking at the engine harness for hei #52-121
    Can I use this on my new hei distributer as is or do I need to change the dash harness to accommodate a larger gage wire for hei vs coil/points?

Also looking at eliminating external voltage regulator.
    They list a harness w/alternator.
    Will this harness #52-227 work for internally regulated newer style alternator?

Or... do I need to get the factory harness for generator and then get the generator to alternator conversion harness to convert to internally regulated alternator?
    I know alternator was a option in 62 so not sure if this would work.

Thank you

2. Woogeroo

Woogeroo Member

american autowire has a harness for that.

classic parts sells a harness for that, which I think is or was made by american autowire.

It depends on which dash you have with gauges or with warning lights I think.

You may have to call them on the tech line and ask classic parts... or American Auto wire, they have a email tech address.

Mad Electrical has some great tech to walk you through it.

here:

DELCO REMY models 10SI & 12SI alternators
    Visual Identification and Differences

3. Fossilcrusher

Fossilcrusher Member

Thank you Mr. Woogeroo. I have ordered the original generator wire harness from American Autowire, waiting on that now.
    Also ordered the internally regulated alternator conversion harness and the HEI converted engine harness.
    I installed a 366 into my 62 C50. Just have to sort out which alternator and brackets. I have the dual pulley alternator that came with the engine but it won't fit with the brackets I have.
    Thank you for all of the information and for your response.

Woogeroo likes this.