Let me bore you~ but, hey, I have pictures

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Zig

Zig Member

They are pretty much the same, so I'd almost dare you to tell what's new~

Attached Files:

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

1st picture: The tassel has been re-arranged.
    2nd picture: You moved the shift lever from reverse to neutral.I can't see ay difference.
    3rd picture: The 1/2 ton axle, spindles and hubs are mounted.

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

I could be wrong, but it looks like a new stereo system has been installed. Maybe a Kenwood? Not sure!

Ken:cool:

4. Zig

Zig Member

Why, YES! How'd you guess? ;)
    Bill you also got 2 out of 3. Not bad!
    The door panels are thanks to my wife and daughter going to the recycle center here in town. The have a store where they sell stuff people bring in to help raise money. They had a whole stack of these thick, white, plastic square panels. (Kind of like plexiglass, but more bendable.) I thought to myself, hey~ these could make some nice door panels for my truck! (And you can paint it!) So the holes were drilled larger for the perimeter screws to go through, the metal edging was reused, new door handles were installed, and now I can lock myself in my truck and listen to the CD's you sent years back, Ken. (Once I have a full glass of red wine, of course...)
    The hubs are waiting still to be cleaned and painted so I can install the disc brake kit I haven't got yet.
    Some progress...

5. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Whould that be Mad Dog 20/20 or Thunderbird?

6. Zig

Zig Member

Well...

Actually it's FRANZIA~ After you're halfway through the first glass, your taste buds give up on you and from there on, you're good to go! :p

7. Wolf

Wolf Member

Alright!!! I like pictures. That is one good looking truck! Keep up the good work. Soon you will be driving it.

8. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks, Brian. But "soon" would be the word I'd use only if compared to the evolution of man. I will not be de-turd however! HA!

9. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I'm bored, more pictures!

10. Zig

Zig Member

Well, no pictures, but I did take off my water pump due to a leak somewhere. I would bet that it is mostly coming from where the shaft comes out of the pump. (The paint I used has given it up on the underside due to antifreeze drizzling down it.)
    If it's leaking from the shaft, I'm assuming that means my pump is toast?
    It doesn't have any wiggle to it and turns without squealing. Should I try some of that stop leak stuff, or get a new pump?

11. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

I really like your paint scheme...How can I get a set of those paintable door panels? As for the water pump it depends on how long you want it to stop leaking... I've never seen Stop Leak hold for long. Also, when it leaks around the shaft, that water has to go through the bearing to get outside so it's a bad seal/bearing. Since that's a moving part, the stop leak won't really work there, IMO. :(

12. Zig

Zig Member

That's kind of what I was thinking. (Replace the pump) I just didn't want to give up on something that could be fixed up. However, as much fun as it is to take out and reinstall the water pump, I'd really rather do it just this one more time.
    My mom and dad are stopping by today to check out my truck up close. Even with my dad's hearing problems, he should be able to hear the "tunes" just fine~ :)

13. Zig

Zig Member

More pictures~ *yawn*

Driver side hub and pieces cleaned up, painted and waiting disc brake conversion.
    I thought I'd throw in a picture of the mighty 228 for Nate to enjoy.
    I made a cradle for the drive shaft to hang out in once I get around to installing a new back end. For what it's worth, I thought I'd just center line the pinion angle onto the plywood to line up the new axle *if* the pinion is located similar to the original
    The last picture shows how close my school is from my truck... At recess I can stand in the field, look at my garage, and dream~
    It was a beautiful day here, so I thought I'd put it to good use.
    Now for some cheap wine and get a fire going in the pit so I can grill up some chicken.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      124.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      120.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      127.6 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      126.8 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      130.2 KB
      Views:
  14. ccharr

ccharr Member

Great progress there Paul Truck is looking good.

15. Zig

Zig Member

Check you PM~

I sent you a message about the door panels.

16. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks, Charles. It's nice to have a good day (weather wise) to get some stuff done!

17. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Lookin' good, Zig!! I know whatcha mean about nice weather. I had a couple nice days to work in the garage this past week, too. I was able to get some more of my engine block cleaned up. I also had to put a hub assembly on my daily driver, as well as rotate the tires and change the oil. Not getting as much done on the '50 as I'd like to, but you know how it goes.

Damon

18. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks, Damon
    I know how it goes, yes~
    Well, tonight is a cold, star filled night with almost a half moon. I figured I'd better get out there and feed the birds since we are supposed to have a bit of a snow storm move in. Of course, I keep the seed in a container out in the garage, and while I was out there I thought, "Hey~ How 'bout listening to just one tune on the stereo?
    So, without any lights on in the garage, I slipped behind the wheel and turned on some tunes. I pulled out on the light switch to light up the gauges while I was at it...
    When I came in, I had to tell my wife. She asked if I had a cigarette when I was finished.
    I said if I still smoked, I would have.
    ahhhhh~~~~~~ ;)