New Profile Posts

1. pimentel
    pimentel ccharr
    Do You can cut the fenders for me?
  2. pimentel
    pimentel ccharr
    I need someone who can cut the fenders for me and send to my friend. They are too large to send by mail, and if he can send me cut. Winter Heaven is in Florida. Now my friend moved to Orlando.
  3. 58fleetside
    58fleetside VELCRO
    The package did arrive Wednesday, but I didn't get around to opening it until this morning. I will send the check tomorrow.
  4. Haasman
    Haasman
    Here is the thread on my truck's restoration
  5. Guero
    Guero
    Thank you that's greatly appreciated!!
  6. ccharr
    ccharr pimentel
    Adilson,
    I am not sure what it is you want . Where is Winter Heaven?
  7. pimentel
    pimentel ccharr
    Hello Charles, okay? I visit the forum often and would like to ask your help.
    In my chevy front fenders are different. I searched in Brazil, bought one, but it is also different.
    I need someone to cut the fenders in half and send it to a friend in Winter Haven. I buy from Classic Parts, surrender in your house, I pay the cost of the service and delivery to Winter Haven.
    Send them in original size it is impossible for me for high shipping and taxes.
    If you can help me I'll be very grateful.

Thank you.
    Adilson Pimentel
  8. pimentel
    pimentel Coach529
    For first would like to congratulate the great work with the 3600 Chevy.'m From Brazil and I visit the page with some frequency to assess the results with the chevy as with photographs.
    Secondly I would like to ask for help. I have a 3600 chevy that has some time I'm working (http://topclassic.com.br/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20931). Recently I realized that the front fenders are different. I searched in Brazil, bought one but it is also different.
    I need a person who could cut 2 pieces in half and send it to a friend in Winter Haven. I would buy the 2 fenders, delivery to your home and paid the costs of the service and delivery to Winter Haven.
    If you can help me would be very grateful.

Thank you.
    Adilson Pimentel
  9. Beamer
    Beamer steve
    Hi Steve! My son and I are new to the forum and new to classic building. (first project '59 Apache) We like the looks of the motor mounts you posted on an old thread converting your truck from a 6 to an 8. Can you tell us where you found those mounts? Thanks!
  10. Not Dads Old 52
    Not Dads Old 52 ol' chebby
    Would like to hear from Dead Zone Truckin' re Az. 1953 License plates for my new 5-window project in Tucson, Az. I can be reached at paulh@central-alarm.com or my telco, 520-617-1326. Appreciate all of your help and comments.
    Not Dads Old 52
  11. Not Dads Old 52
    Not Dads Old 52 DeadmanWalkin
    Hi!

Saw your ?help? on the ?talk.classic parts.com? regarding original license plates for our old rides. I currently am restoring a ?53 5-window Chev. Pickup and would like very much to get the ?year of manufacture? plates for my old truck, and didn?t know that Arizona only made plates on the even years back then, as I have been looking all morning for ?53 plates! The ?52 Chev plates with the ?53 tag are absolutely perfect for me. I learned how to drive in my Dad?s old (then new!) 52 5-window PU in New Mexico, and looked and looked and finally ended up with a ?53 here in Arizona and the price was right. SO I get the best of both worlds, the ?52 plates with the ?53 tag! Please advise, I am very very interested in purchasing this plates. Also?do you do the VIN tag restoration too?? I know that is a bit tricky but I?ll follow whatever the law allows. Thanks again..I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Not Dads Old 52
  12. cantdrivemall
    cantdrivemall Guero
    go to www.stovebolt.com
    livelier forum there,,and much more help,,with more knowledgeable people.
    Good luck with your project...........
  13. GonicGM
    GonicGM mike bell
    I don't have, Try
    Bill Sawrey
    120 Monger Road
    Rockwood, TN 37854
    toolzguy@bellsouth.net
  14. fielddad
  15. Jim G
    Jim G
    I am having a big electrical problem with my 53 Chevy pickup. I had some wires burn out and ignition that broke. I replaced the ignition switch and think I hooked up the wires correctly and also replaced wires from coil to panel and wires from ignition to correct connections. This is a six volt truck and even before the problems the battery would keep wearing down (I bought it new) and I would recharge with a trickle charger. It will start it but the next time I seem to have no charge. Don't know if starter is bad or what. Also when I push the floor starter (with battery charged) and the key not in the ignition it turns over. I haven't checked all the connections but don't understand why battery doesn't hold charge or apparently not re-charge. Also when I start it and its idling and turn on head lights the discharging/charging gauge drops down significantly but doesn't seem to register and re-charge as it idles. I hope someone out there can offer some perspective. Jim G
  16. Jim G
    Jim G
    I am having a big electrical problem with my 53 Chevy pickup. I had some wires burn out and ignition that broke. I replaced the ignition switch and think I hooked up the wires correctly and also replaced wires from coil to panel and wires from ignition to correct connections. This is a six volt truck and even before the problems the battery would keep wearing down (I bought it new) and I would recharge with a trickle charger. It will start it but the next time I seem to have no charge. Don't know if starter is bad or what. Also when I push the floor starter (with battery charged) and the key not in the ignition it turns over. I haven't checked all the connections but don't understand why battery doesn't hold charge or apparently not re-charge. Also when I start it and its idling and turn on head lights the discharging/charging gauge drops down significantly but doesn't seem to register and re-charge as it idles. I hope someone out there can offer some perspective. Jim G
  17. Jim G
    Jim G
  18. Guest5979
    Guest5979 Coach529
    I will sell them for what I payed for the $40 plus shipping I bought them thinking I was going to do a v8 butt changed my mind now just garage art let me know if that will work for you
    Robert
  19. Loren62gmc305v6
    Loren62gmc305v6
    Please contact me. I need parts for my grandmothers '62 gmc 305 v6....but don't really know how to communicate...just happened on site. My cell is 865-850-2300 and a mortgage banker in East Tn. Loren Riddick. Can you reach out to me? If need to check me out.... Www.lorenriddickteam.com. Or google me. Thx for help!!! Need a pulley for both water pump and harmonic balancer...but several things on your list I need too
  20. Slinger53
    Slinger53
    Hey Larry, good to hear from you. The transmission works great. I sent it to a company (Novak) back in the midwest that specializes in rebuilding the old SM 420's and had it completely gone through. Cost me $600 w/o freight, that was another $140. Had the 235 that you found for me completely rebuilt as well. If my memory is correct, it was about four years ago I stopped by. I purchased the truck five years ago last month. Yup, took me five years to complete. Ring and pinion are on my radar screen probably later this year. I do enjoy driving it the way it is, by I am concerned when driving on the highway that I might wind it to tight. 45-50 is top speed. Next time time you are in Montana stop by.