'66 Grille needed

Discussion in 'Truck Parts Wanted' started by wanabuild1, Mar 4, 2014.

1. wanabuild1

wanabuild1 Member

Hey everyone, new member but been reading and enjoying your posts for a while. I need a chrome grille for my '66 GMC. Don't understand why no one is reproducing these. They seem almost impossible to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 66 Truck Drive

66 Truck Drive Member

They are being reproduced. LMC and Classic Parts of America and The Truck and Car shop all sell reproduction grills. I have one...it isn't in the best shape..and would need some body work and a re-chrome. And its worth a fair penny though cause its an oem aluminum grill from 64-66.

3. wanabuild1

wanabuild1 Member

Thanks for the info 66TruckDrive. Just got the spring LMC catalog, still no GMC grilles far as I could see. Only one I've found is ScottsSuperTrucks. They have 1 but want $375.00 plus a core trade plus shipping. Little much for me. I did find an original chrome from 4-5-6 chevy trucks for $275.00, shipping included. Waiting for it to get here. Also got a '78 suburban donor, looking forward to trying some of the great ideas I've seen on this site.

4. 66 Truck Drive

66 Truck Drive Member

Woops I'm sorry...for some reason I thought you needed a 66 chevy grill. What was I thinking. My bad. Sorry.

5. neslo5

neslo5 Member

GMC chrome grille

I have one for sale. I'm in Kansas