Ray Charles might can

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Thunder54, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Thunder54

Thunder54 Member

I was recommended by a fellow car buff to find and individual he taught Autobody work to some years ago in his high school teaching days.

I found the gentleman running his own body shop in town. I took him photos of my truck so he might determine if he were interested. Turns out, he was the booth painter who painted the truck in 2002 when he work for another body shop which has since changed owners. The original owner retired.

The body man did a nice job with the fender and the paint match, I am very pleased to have my truck looking unscathed

Attached Files:

2. Zig

Zig Member

Man, that gravity is TIGHT down there in Texas!

I can tell you're happy about it when you do a handstand to get the photo!
    I'm happy for you, Jim! What are the odds of the same painter getting to repaint your truck?!
    I see you have the cowl vent open. Man, I love that vent! Without anything but the metal floor, it starts getting warm in the cab. All I have to do is open that vent and it's like air conditioning!

3. Thunder54

Thunder54 Member

Zig,
    I loaded the photo several times in an attempt to turn it over, Sure beats me.
    When I open the photo, it corrects itself.

I enjoyed driving my truck yesterday. It makes me smile!

Jim

4. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Jim:

I think I am a fairly knowledgeable Ray Charles fan (probably have 10+ CDs and if I looked hard enough I could find my 1962 vinyl "Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music" that has been played so many times that you can almost see through the grooves), but I don't understand the title to this thread.

- Bill

ps: Since we swapped to this new hosting software I cannot find a button to intiate a PM or for that matter to do anything with PMs. Anyone know where?

5. Thunder54

Thunder54 Member

Bill,

The reference to Ray Charles is from Coilovers response a couple of months ago to my earlier post in recommending how to repair the fender and match the paint. He noted the if the repairs were not done properly, even Ray Charles could see the problem.

I regret the lack of explanation in the my posting and any confusion. I am very pleased with the result of the repair.

Jim

6. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Thanks Jim. I tend to be confused a lot.

7. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

They call a private message, a "conversation" now. Go up in the upper right hand corner and open your personal box, up there by "inbox" and "alerts", scroll down to "conversations", click that, then start new conversation, then "invite" whomever you want to PM, then type your message, then send. You can "invite" as many as you want to participate, and read your private message, I think. You could theoretically invite everyone but, say, me, and start your own new forum. And just leave me here all alone.

The beautiful painted repair job just stays upside down for me, when I open it. I tried juggling my wifes tablet, to get brief right-side up views, but, she caught me and took it away.

Steve.

8. Zig

Zig Member

HA!!! We wouldn't leave you out in the cold, Steve! Me maybe, but not you!

9. Zig

Zig Member

More so when trying to help me, right? #biggrin#

10. Zig

Zig Member

I hear ya, Jim! It was a beautiful day here yesterday and to get rid of the feeling I had after watching the Chiefs play, in the evening I thought I'd take my truck for a spin. My wife rode shotgun.
    It is so, SO cool tooling around in this old rig!
    Makes me smile too!
    What's even more fun, is I smile daily, just like I drive it. #cool#

11. federale

federale Member

Got the right size mirror, you can do anything with it.

Attached Files:

Ben@CPOA/TECH likes this.
  12. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

That's sure a nice truck, Jim! We may need to get you together sometime when the 'other' Bill and I work on one of our trucks ;o) Bill B.