AM FM DELCO RADIO (slider Type)

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by HG72, Jan 10, 2009.

1. HG72

HG72 Member

Can anyone tell me of a reputable and honest electronic repair shop I can send out my radio to and have it reconditioned and repaired.

2. seah2os

seah2os Member

Radio restoration

Fred's Classic Auto Radio
    7908 Gillette St.
    Lenexa, ks. 66215
    913-599-2303...
    He rebuilds our classic truck radios (47-53) and he has experience in the AM-FM Flipface for the 67-72....

Classic Parts of America
    Kansas City, Mo.
    816-741-8029

3. HG72

HG72 Member

Thanks seah, I was beginning to wonder if anybody did this type of work anymore! I will let you know how it turns out.

4. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Ray's Auto stereo in Sacramento still does repair/retrofit. PM me for the details...

Val

5. HG72

HG72 Member

First of all thanks guys for the help, I decided at the last minute to take up "dvalentine" information and made a 411 call to get Rays Auto Stereo contact information, I contacted them and went ahead and sent my radio to them, I chose them only due to them being in the same state as I, and just a few hours drive away from my location.

My Radio was complete but in bad non-working order when I sent it to them, I received a call from them within a couple days of them receiving it and went over some of the problems they found, with their repair man, a rough cost estimate of $200.00 dollars was given me at that time. I was impressed with thier quick response time in getting back to me but told them not to hurry and gave them a verbal two months time to complete this repair. In all I had my radio back in just over a weeks time (9 days) of sending it to them. I have not been able to test it out yet, but it came back in what I would describe (considering its age 40+yrs) excellant condition, and with a 1yr warranty. My radio looks great and I have all the confidence in the world it will sound great when I get the chance to hook it up again! I would have to say my one and only surprise was when my final bill was a bit higher than I felt I was led to expect ($285.00) but still within reason, Overall I would highly recomend Rays Auto Stereo shop.

Rays Stereo
    1925 "F" Street
    Sacramento CA. 95814:rolleyes:
    (916) 447-9753