Strange Question

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by KillerB, May 19, 2009.

1. KillerB

KillerB Member

So I got a free Oldsmobile 350 and was wondering if anyone had tried putting an Olds into a classic chevy. I know its not an idea situation but I was just wondering what the biggest fit/functin problems would be (if its even possible). So let me know what you think...

BTW....this is my first post and I really enjoy the advice you guys give out so i look forward to hearing from ya:D

2. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Welcome KillerB, Well You Cant beat Free :D , Actually The Older Olds, Pontiac & I Beleive even Buick Small Blocks Are Very similar to The Chevys , Sure Theres Some Differences , But Even the Transmisions Are Interchangabe , The Olds & Pontiacs Have a Duel Bolt Pattern on the Bellhousing flange that will Also fit the Chevy Small block .

I Cant Remember for sure If Theres Much Difference on The Mounts or not , But its Darn Sure Doable , I,ve Got a Small Block Pontiac in a 55 Stepside . :eek: Bob .

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  3. KillerB

KillerB Member

Thanks for the input Cowboy...I was kinda thinking this might be a good short term solution for my 66

4. Vin63

Vin63 Member

I think that would be way cool! Here are some photos of my mounts and my Pontiac mocked up in my '63.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KillerB

KillerB Member

Cool pics.....let me ask you, are those mounts aftermarket or did you fab those yourself? If they are AM where did you get them

Thanks in advance.

ps..LOVE your sig pic

6. Vin63

Vin63 Member

Thanks. The block mount is a conversion mount that I purchased from a Pontiac vendor many years ago, but you can do a search for motor mount conversions and still find them. I fabricated the block-to-frame mount using some leftover steel plate, tubing and polyurethane bushings. Keep us posted on your progress with photos.

Last edited: May 26, 2009