Possible cure for those crappy door latches

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ol' chebby, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

2. 48aero

48aero Member

Now that is the coolest yet! Sure looks like it makes it simple. And I just got mine to close good. Has anybody tried them yet? Jesse

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Interesting .

I just bought two N.O.S. door latches and my problems were solved .

4. Texas53

Texas53 Member

Hi Chris - thanks for the info. This looks like it will be a great product. I wish they were available a few years ago when I built my truck. Installing bear claw latches while keeping the exterior and interior handles working was one of the most tricky parts of my project. It took lots of time and experimenting. A well engineered bolt-on solution should be the way to go for those that want to upgrade their latches.

These trucks have two different styles of outside door handles. One is a push button and the other is a handle that turns. Will you make kits for both styles?

5. Scubanero

Scubanero Member

It is in their web page: "

"We have just added the second truck to the mix. Now we will be able to develop the two kits it will take to cover 1947-54 Chevy trucks at once. We will offer separate kits for the rotation style handles and push button style handles. Below is a picture of the donor truck we just had rolled in yesterday. Below that is an Altman Easy Latch video that we made to show in detail just what these kits can do.

6. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Let me know when they come out. I'll do a tech. install and let everyone know how it goes.........

7. vegaskenn

vegaskenn Member

YES!!

This looks like the cure to most frustrating aspect of my truck, getting the doors to latch without the brutal slam that turns everyones head in the crowd. Very embarrasing.

New door latches just aren't the answer. Have not found one that works as it should.

8. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Hell, yeah! put me on the list.

9. barnescole

barnescole Member

Just ordered a set for mine a few days ago, they are offering 15% off until first of May. I'll post some details when i get my hands on them.

10. barnescole

barnescole Member

Latches came in today

Just received my Altman latches today. I was very pleased with the quality of the kit. I had the driver side done in an hour, and it worked flawlessly the first time. The passenger side went a liitle quicker, but i had to play with the striker some. I took some pics during the process, will try to post some up here tomorrow.

11. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Mine should be there today, but I'm in Orlando this week. I'll have something to play with when I get home.

12. Triquemfg

Triquemfg Member

We are thrilled that you are happy with your new purchase and will do everything we can to make sure you stay that way. If you or anyone else has any question concerning the kits or our other products please feel free to give us a call. We would also love to have pictures for our up coming gallery.

13. vegaskenn

vegaskenn Member

Got mine yesterday. They look awesome! I cant wait to get them installed.

14. ccharr

ccharr Member

set of 2 ?

The 349 is for a set?

15. Triquemfg

Triquemfg Member

CCHARR -

Sorry I am so late getting back to you. Yes the pricing is for everything you need to do 2 doors.

16. ccharr

ccharr Member

Thanks you .