Inliners org

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ccharr, Jul 17, 2013.

1. ccharr

ccharr Member

Does anyone have any idea of this group and what they are about?

Appears to be a group of racing I6 people and that is about it.

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Inliners . ORG

Somewhere on their site is casting & serial number de coding info , supposedly lots of Tech Articles too but I can't ever find more than a few pages there and the people are not as friendly and helpful as the good people here .

You all should prolly give it a look if you're running I6 engines as you cannot have too much Tech Help .

I'll be here when you return .

3. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Inliners

I have been searching for some spesific information and found that on there site. There is a bit of this and a bit of that to read !Haven`nt used there contact site and dont know much about the People ?

Martinius.

4. ccharr

ccharr Member

You hit the nail on the head, not much there, Tom Langdon is pushing people to join so I thought I would ask.

5. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

I haven't joined there, but they do have a great tech article on using the T-5 manual transmission from an S-10. It was a great help in pointing me in the right direction on that modification to my project truck.

Damon

6. destryrideagain

destryrideagain Member

It is more efficient to gain membership of the Inliners group as most of the good tech and stories comes with the print of "The 12 Port News". The forum isnt as hopping as others and that may be due to a lot of old timers that have been with the Inliners are used to calling or mailing things. They have several chapters, I would contact the nearest one to you. I have talked to some guys and they love the 216/235 motors. Give it a try!

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Inliners International

Did I miss where the link was posted ? here it is : http://inliners.org/

I've been a member for some time ,my most recent posts have been responded to with helful answers .

Time to go! going to look in some outlying junkyards to - day for 292's or a rust free cab .

8. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Keep yer eyes open Nate...... Those old motors are usually laying on the side of the road..... free for the taking :D

9. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Good sence of humor here!

I`ll hope Nate sucseeds in finding his 292 CI engine.Treasures are to find in Places where you never ecpect you would hit them. I like your comment on this one Joe :D Made me laughing !

Thanks Martinius.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Nah ~

Only the 216 & 235's sadly :p .

I got lucky and found a '79 G/10 GTE 'phone truck , it had the wretched integral head 250 CID that NO ONE had ever touched (the cobwebs were amazing) and a TH350 tranny so of course I grabbed the combined engine oil and tranny dip sticks , tubes and supports ~ this is a hard find and nice as once cleaned up & re painted , I'll be able to do fluid level checks without bending into the engine compartment ~ both dip sticks end right next to the radiator ~ SWEET ! :D .

No old trucks atall , a few '73 ~ '86 ' Square Bodies ' including two 4X4's I think shoulda been saved .....