Artist

Share This Page

ol' chebby

Member, from Charlotte,NC

ol' chebby was last seen:
May 17, 2022
    1. ol' chebby
      ol' chebby
      With many of those leaf spring set ups, pulling more than 2 or 3 wil result in a bouncy, uncomfortable ride. If you do pull springs, leave the lowest fat overload, then pull every other spring. 2 at first, re assemble and drive it to make shure you can live with the results. Another way of lowering the front is to install a set of front spring perches from the rear end in place of the rear perches of the front end. This is supposed to give around 2", so I'm told.
    2. cart45
      cart45
      hey i saw you posted to lowering a 54 chevy to take some leafs out of the front, how many should i take out to lower it. looking to lower as much but still be drivable, its gunna have a sbc in it for motor. thanks
    3. ol' chebby
      ol' chebby
      It isn't hard. Just think ahead and improvise. Doesn't matter what the parts are for, only what you need them to do.
    4. Steven w
      Steven w
      Hello, ok I'm starting to get the hang of this site, and I found all your pics. You have a very nice truck. I wish I knew how to do all of that neat stuff. Any-who have a nice day.
    5. Steven w
      Steven w
      Hello, do you have any more pics of your truck? I would love to see them.
    6. D93Cid
      D93Cid
      Have you had a chance to get that starter in?

I've got new points & condenser, cap looks good, everything moves as it should when bumping, get spark. Carb looks good. It just won't fire. I'm stumped.

Could use some help. Let me know if you're available to come by and take a look.
      (704) 641-4448.
    7. D93Cid
      D93Cid
      It's been a while since I checked in. I just saw your reply to my post on your page. I'm in Indian Land, just across the border. I suppose that puts me about 1/2 way between you & BJ.

I'm stuck right now with the truck. I've got fair mechanical skills and have restored one of my Harleys. I thought how hard could one of these old trucks be?

I can't get her started after my 12v conversion and can't figure out what to check next.

I'd love to get some input.

Thanks!
      Russ
    8. D93Cid
      D93Cid
      Came across some of your posts on the forum and saw you're in Charlotte. I'd love to see your truck(s). I bought a 51 3600 last summer and am just starting on a rolling resto and would love get a look at a truck a little further along and get some input.
    9. kenneth
      kenneth
      hello can you help me too finde colum gear shifter too my pickis 57.
      mvh:kenneth in sweden
    10. gypsy truck
      gypsy truck
    11. ol' chebby
      ol' chebby
      Use photobucket.com, upload your pic.s, then copy and paste IMG code.
    12. Flashlight
      Flashlight
      Chebby, How'd you get your pics to post so big on the thread, I want to send in some pics of my 47'.

Flashlight
  • About

Home Page:
    http://www.rpettycustommurals.com
    Artist
    Mural artist, pinstriper, automotive induced swearer.

ad trucks

Signature

I'll paint anything that will stand still long enough!
    WWW.rpettycustommurals.com

Advance Design Rescue...Bringin' 'em back, one body at a time.