Diamondback Tire tour

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ol' chebby, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Very interesting! Thanks for taking the time to do that!

3. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Very interesting. Thanks Russ. Do you buy the tires from Diamondback too or send yours to him to do the sidewall detailing you want? Larry

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I have bought 2 sets for trucks I have built from Bill. I haven't gotten a set for myself yet, still running these crappy cokers. Both sets have been great!

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Cool Beans !

Wow , that's great ! .

This is the place I've been telling you all about for years .

I didn't know they could do Moto tires..... :rolleyes: HMmmmmmmmm

It looks like they can make the whitewall as wide as you want , I got 4" ones but there's still more space I'd have liked filled near the tread edge....

I still have the same ones I bought , they look good , ride good and have plenty of tread left....

Screw the coker ripoff , get these , you'll be glad you did ! .

6. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

By the way, I now have purchased 3 sets from them, and a friend who is a HAMB head and swears on his bias plys bought a set for his wife's car and loves them.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

' HAMB Head '

Was that David perchance ? :confused: .

:)

8. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Nah, he goes by bloody knuckles. Has a sweet 51 plymouth traditional custom. His wife is the girl posed with my truck in the Ol' Skool Rodz photoshoot.

9. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

One of the boys sent his tire for his Pantera to them to put on double red lines...they lok killer.

10. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

car show

Hey Russ someone on another web site posted some pics from a car show and a few pics of your truck
    what happens if you push the button?????
    also note to self do not park next to Russ could be bad for your paint job.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  11. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

This looks like the place that puts on sidewalls. Do they make tires or buy them from someone else. I had a cousin who had a recap plant which was a big deal during WW2 up until radial tires came out. Anybody rember Recaps. Where I came from people was considered workin folks were Middleclass if they could buy a full set of recaps. New tires were seen at the golf course.

12. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Definately not retreads. Diamondback uses new production tires and vulcanizes the whitewall to the tire. It CANNOT be seperated, no matter what anyone tells you. It is the same process that tire manufacturers use to assemble tires, only they do it after the fact.
    I had Cokers on my truck and couldn't keep it in the lane. And I know of at least 3 others who have had the same problem in Charlotte alone.

This is the ONLY way to go if you actually drive your vehicle.

The button rings the bell. If you lived closer I would tell you to man up and push it if you wanna find out. People have long debates about pushing the button, we love to listen in and then insult their manhood if they don't have the balls to push it. Gets laughs all day, and you can hear the thing ring all across the car show.

Where did you find the pic.s?

13. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

named from

Russ - very interesting and thanks for doing this. Understanding the process and along with the multiple first hand recommendations of their product is very helpful. I dream to have a set someday - down the road - assuming that i ever get to drive mine down that road!

14. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

People think they are expensive, mine were delivered for $798. In comparison, my Ram's tires cost about $1000......Bought, mounted and balanced, but I did get a "free"GPS out of the deal....