1949 Chevrolet 3/4ton truck project (pics)

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by MentalClinic, Jan 13, 2010.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

OT : 1967 Typ 113

My buddy bought it brandy new in '67 and sold it to me a few years ago , I figure it's worth $1,500.00 as some schmuck rear ended it a few years ago and bent the deck lid and rear fenders , it still runs & drives but now has a leaky rear brake cylinder so I just let it sit for four years or longer in a garage out of the rain.....

2. MentalClinic

MentalClinic Member

I wish I had that money right now! But I need to put some money on my VW bus to get it ready for the streets and safteyinspection etc.
    But I will be ordering parts in the near future to the 3600, like rubber, trim, lights, dashparts, interior etc. Even if im going to keep the truck mostley as it is, ratlook style.

First thing to do now on the truck is to get it running, new brakes, new tires, electrics and lights and get it in the Swedish car register and saftetyinspected. More pics to come fo sho...

If anyone here have any 1950's Volkswagen parts, I will be intrested :D

3. MentalClinic

MentalClinic Member

Btw! Does anyone know if this piece is orginal/optional? I dont think so, but it did fit VERY well to the hood and trimpiece shape as you see...

[​IMG]

It sucks that I cant have it mounted here in Sweden, thru safety issuse....damn!

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Hood Ornament

I'm amazed they won't allow that on an old vehicle . no , it is not original but it's very nice .

Here you can ' grandfather ' it n , no safety restriction on Old Timers as they're all death traps anyway .

5. MentalClinic

MentalClinic Member

Okey, I agree. It's so silly. Like you said they are all deathtraps anyway. But sometimes they dont care, like you said "grandfather".

6. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

I like your hood ornament!

That hood ornament looks a lot like the ones Buick put on their passenger cars in the late '40's through mid '50's. Some call them "gun site" others call them "bomb site" for obvious reasons.

I read a little bit on the hood ornament laws that have been sweeping Europe. I'm wondering if older vehicles are exempt from this, as it would be a shame to have to jerk all hood ornaments off of mercedes, jags, etc from the '50s, 60's and '70s cars just to keep some guy's backside safe.

I've always said "If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!":eek::D

7. codyfox

codyfox Member

Good luck

I wish you the best... I have the almost exact same trucks in my driveway.. Red 53 chevy and a desertbrown 07 chevy... Good luck...

Cody

8. Zig

Zig Member

NICE TRUCK! (Even for a Chevy!)

Martin~ That is a _GREAT_ truck! I'm sure you will be thrilled to death with it!
    Drive it!
    Thanks for the photos~ I can't wait to see what you do with it!