1952 Chevy 3600 - Project for me and my boy...

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 2OR4Wheels, Jun 21, 2013.

1. SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Member

i told chad the story of how i got a 3rd degree burn on my thigh from tinkering. about the size of my hand. long story short, got a lil too close and a propain heater lit on carhart pants on fire. worst pain of my life and couldnt walk right for 3 months. i was very lucky in the end

2. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Mum's the word, Steve... I will refrain from comment. We all have "whoops" stories to tell, myself included.

Nate... I prefer not using an ABC dry chemical extinguisher. Like you said, they provide a HUGE mess to clean up, and... as most folks don't know... the chemical agent in them is highly corrosive and will ruin any electronics near where an ABC "dry chem" is discharged. I prefer a tried-and-true pressurized water can, or a carbon dioxide extinguisher.

I'd like to have that pile of scrap lights, sirens, and bells now, Nate! Those things fetch decent money at the firematic swap meets I attend. I have a small collection of lights and sirens myself. I need to thin it out to put some cash in the Sinclair Chevy pick-up, but the market is limited, and folks just aren't spending their money on that stuff right now it seems. Mars lights in particular seem to be fairly well sought after.

Damon

PS. Be careful out there, fellas!! I don't wanna have to make any house calls.

3. 2OR4Wheels

2OR4Wheels Member

Rear

Done on the back of the frame (except for bolting the shocks on). Starting on cab now. More to come.

Attached Files: