1962 235+3spd and torsion bar front

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by hotrod39, May 21, 2005.

1. hotrod39

hotrod39 Member

I know i should post in for sale but i thought i'd throw this at the guys who might need it most. I am Removing a good running all original 235 and 3spd from my daily driver in favor of an injected small block with overdrive. The only significant problem is a slowly failing clutch. The motor has some oil leaks that i believe could be the side cover gasket. It is a clean all origianl setup completly unmolested ie: bath air filter, bath oil filter, all original fuel and vacum lines etc. Shortly after getting the truck i replaced a the head gasket that blew on me and had the cylinder head completely rebuilt by a reliable shop. When i tore it down it had a burnt exhaust valve in #1 cylinder so i took no chances. I have sinced used it as my daily ride for almost a year and it has ran great. When the clutch began to slip i decided it was time for a change. It is still in the truck in running condition and i will be pulling it in the next few weeks. If anyone in the Kansas City Area is interested in it i would be happy to demonstrate it for you while it is still in there. I can provide pictures by tommorow night if interested. Also i will be replacing the complete torsion bar front suspension if anyone is interested in it. I'm asking 500 for the drivetrain and 200 for suspension. This would be a great setup for any restorers out there. Thanks, I will post pictures if anyone is interested.