1963 GMC/C10 rear bumper

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by ...3randon, Dec 2, 2015.

1. ...3randon

...3randon Member

I am trying to find a paintable rear bumper for my '63. As of now, I may end up putting a '62 fleetside rear bumper, so my question is: Will a '62 rear bumper fit on a
    '63 frame? My answer is yes, and that I may just have to change the bumper brackets out. Any advice/ideas/suggestions?

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

'62 is a "X-frame" '63 thru '66 is a "ladder frame". Different design. That's why if you look at our hosts cataloge you'll see different part numbers for fleetside 60-62 and 63-66. Bumpers and obsolete Chevy parts for old Chevy trucks 1960-66

But I am confident you could make it work if you are skilled at doing a bit of fabricating.

ironman3452 likes this.
  3. ...3randon

...3randon Member

Thanks! I read up on it quite a bit and debated to myself if I could make it work, and I am sure I can. I can fabricate pretty well, but I didn't know if someone else found an easier way. Smarter not harder lol. I appreciate your help and I am sure I will be losing my weekend for my new toy lol. Thanks again!

4. ironman3452

ironman3452 Member

I know I have said it before, but where are all the patch panels for a panel?, from front all 64 parts work, no problem, but when you go to look for repair panels, for the rear, I can find nothing, even if it were for 1/2 tons, it would work, so if any one knows of any rear patch panels, let me know

5. Richard Oakley

Richard Oakley Member

I have a paintable rear bumper and brackets for a 65 step side not sure if the fleet side and step side are the same all are in great shape.