235 barckets for AC, power steering

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by guido, Apr 9, 2006.

1. guido

guido Member

I'm doing a rebuild project on a 1958 Apache pickup with the stock 235 inline 6. Adding power steering & air conditioning. All the kits I've found for brackets and from 'Classic Air' mount the compressor under the alternator (yes, it's been updated to an alternator system) on the driver side of the engine. This means either the power steering pump or the compressor will have to be mounted on the passenger side. Has anyone done this or know of any aftermarket brackets that will allow this kind of set-up? There is only one unused bolt hole on the front of the head on the passenger side that would accomodate a bracket. This image shows the setup I am referring to. Thanks.
    Attachments:
    https://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/44393c3d0a604114.gif

2. bassfisher

bassfisher Member

RE: 235 barckets for AC, power stee

Hi there might try Allan Grove products they carry alot of brackets for diiferent setups. I have a 283 for my 57 and they a type that uses the manifold or intake bolts with w/pump combo. Not sure what there web site is but you can look on www.parrautomotive.com web site and scroll down the vendor list or call them they might be able to help. Hopes this helps.

3. guido

guido Member

RE: 235 barckets for AC, power stee

I'll give them a try. Thanks bassfisher.