'48 Panel

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Larrys 48, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

2. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Nurse

I get what you mean about the nurse:D

It's nice but parts of it let it down

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

My guess is that someone paid a restoration company to do the work, ran out of money before it was finished and sold it at a loss (or placed it on consignment). I'd be very wary of bondo when I evaluated this beast.

4. federale

federale Member

Way way wayyyy too much white on the exterior. Where's that old can of tire black? I know its around here somewhere..................:rolleyes:

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

2 things really irked me on this build, other than the lack of detail (politically correct way of saying it sucks) of the interior and sloppy attention to detail in the engine compartment. In no particular order, those 2 things were the fact that the gas filler tube was half painted and half bare metal and c'mon Dallas dudes, take some time and get that cheesy red paint off of the top of the very period correct Carter fuel filter. Makes me think that Bill's theory about it being on consignment holds water.

A side note to this. If you look carefully at the video, you'll notice a red '58 Chevy Apache in the video. They are asking $50,000 for it. I'm thinking they probably have a $25K reserve on this puppy.

Coulda been a silk purse, but it's still a pig's ear.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

A Nice Old Truck

But it's certainly not ' restored ' ! :eek: .

That red paint on the fuel filter is correct BTW . I've not seen one with it still intact in some time .

This is a nice solid old truck to just put to work or begin rebuilding , NOT worth a whole heck of a lot .

I'll be charitable and not pick it apart because it is a solid beginning .

7. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Auction ended on this one. Reserve not met at $15,301. Maybe now, they'll do some more detailing on it and get their asking price.:D