Air Shock Kit, where can you find one?

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by garrison, Jun 14, 2020.

  1. garrison

    garrison Member

    Jan 31, 2010
    I have a 57 Chevy p/u that is stock except I put in lowering leaf springs. It worked a little too well. It lowered the back 3 inches, but I'd like to have an inch back. I was told a relatively easy and inexpensive option is to replace the shocks with air shocks and pump it up that inch. GREAT! But... I can't find them. I know they use these on all kinds of cars and trucks including vintage ones, but I can't find one that says it fits my truck? I would think if nothing else there'd be a universal fit kit? Has anyone experience with this or know where I might find a rear end air shock kit? I'd really appreciate it.

    Attached Files:

  2. Wilfredo

    Wilfredo Member

    Jul 10, 2020
    Why not add another leaf spring? Or a slightly longer shackle?
  3. coilover

    coilover Member

    Mar 30, 2005
    Plano US
    The standard for air shocks for years has been Gabriel Highjackers (? sp). They will raise to the desired position but the ride will be much more harsh than with the proper spring.

Share This Page