any kc metro members...a couple of quick questions?

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Suggestions' started by slow cheetah, May 20, 2009.

1. slow cheetah

slow cheetah Member

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and recently joined in the hopes of gaining some friends as well as knowledge about my truck.
    This past december I purchased a 1953 3100. It is all original including the drivetrain ( 216ci, 3spd on the collumn, closed driveshaft/rear-end). I have tinkered with the motor and carb a little to get it running decent and overall it runs pretty good. I plan on restoring the truck to how it looked when it rolled off the assembly line BUT...I want to make it more hi-way worthy. I want to drive this truck not just... show it. I have decided that I would like to convert the original tranny and rear to a T-5 and open drive shaft and rear-end from a 55-62 chevy 1/2 ton. I say this because I want to keep my original 6 lug 16" wheels. They are in excellent condition and were wrapped in brand new bias plys when i got it. Here's the deal..doing this by myself is way past my capabilities. Has anybody from the kc area done this swap? Does anybody know one that could help me get the job done? I have no problem paying somebody to get it done but I would really like to help out. Basically I need some guidance. If anybody has a person that I could contact about getting this done it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your time...oh, sorry about the short novel that I wrote here as well!
    Thanks,
    Vince

2. 58fleetside

58fleetside Member

You should submit this to the 1947-1954 forum. I know I saw someone from the KC area who had painted his truck in Chiefs colors.

Hope you enjoy your new truck - they are special vehicles.

Craig