Brake Lines, Trans Cooler Lines, 2001 Chev. 2500HD.

Discussion in '1999-Present' started by 50 Chevy LS3, Dec 31, 2015.

1. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Just a "heads-up" to anyone who owns a 2000-2007 Chevy/GMC truck. Evidently, GM went the super cheap route when procuring these lines. Lots of failures, of both trans, and brake lines on these trucks. So many, several aftermarket manufacturers are marketing complete replacement kits, pre-bent, in stainless steel.

Probably would never be a problem for those of you living in the sun-belt, but, a serious problem for the rest of us.

My 2001 Chevy 2500HD, has just now rolled 70,000 miles. I don't commute to work.
    Last summer, while on vacation out west, I lost the trans. lines, and had to have a shop replace them. Fortunately, I caught it before doing any damage to the trans. I should have replaced them earlier, as they were obviously corroded in some spots. This prompted me to carefully inspect the brake lines, and I found in some spots, they look good, other spots, they are rusty. I hope to be able to wait until next spring to completely replace them, we'll see. Some of the other truck forums say allow six hours!

Anyway, if you have not done so, you might want to inspect your truck. My truck is especially bad under the radiator.

Dorman offers the kit for approx. $90-$110.

Might be something our host would consider offering.

Classic tube, and others also offer a kit, but, for much $$$.

Steve.