Considering V8 swap but want to leave rest of drivetrain alone

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Chiro, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Chiro

Chiro Member

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the acknowledgment. You are a true gem. Four kids, three boys and a girl. Yes, I've retired...kind of. I had a second heart attack in 2016 and the bozo local cardiac team installed one of the stents improperly so I was having a LOT of problems with that. I collapsed a couple times after that (once in Penn Station in NYC). My new, top notch cardiac guy in NYC had me rushed to Lenox Hill hospital in NY and they fixed the stent problem, but still was having issues. Decided to go out on disability as all my docs were behind me on that. I have other orthopedic issues from wrestling 100 patients or more a day on my chiropractic tables for years and years as well. Hurt myself pretty badly working on a member of the female Polish weightlifting team:D in 2017 and that was just the last straw. The cardiac issues were still plaguing me, and my orthopedist told me I had to stop working while I could still walk (he really said that) so I did. Life is better now though. They finally dialed in my medication so I'm not totally fatigued anymore and I'm not collapsing any more either...good things. I still hurt pretty bad most days but can and do tough it out without pain meds (don't need that crutch).

All in all, life is good, God is good. Kids and grandkids are great. Thanks for asking.

Andy

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Good to hear Andy ;

I'm sad you're going V-ATE but, you're paying the bills so whatever floats your boat....

My Sweet told me to get retired and home before I was in a wheel chair permanently, I'm still hobbling around but the traveleing thing never happened, my suggestion is to do it NOW whilst you still can .

I've been traveling my whole life so not a big deal to give it up now .

The pain thing, I hate it and don't like taking dope but again last night my shoulder & thigh woke me up out of a sound sleep so I took 800Mg of Ibuprofen... it helps .

? No grand kids yet ? .

3. Chiro

Chiro Member

Hi Nate,
    Three grand kids to be exact. All from my wife's daughter. 8 year old twin girls and a two year old boy. They are awesome. None from my kids yet. They're too busy with going back to college (number one son), medical school (number two son), working (number three son) and my daughter is graduating high school this year (such as graduations are in a pandemic).
    Andy

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Sounds excellent Andy ! .

I love nothing better than seeing your folks move ahead and prosper, it's even better than riding my Motos .

My grand daughter Penny is almost 7 now, my grand son Maxx is 3.....

I still can't figure out how to post images....