E brake

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Mathias Mäkynen, Apr 8, 2021.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

That's what I sent you the link for....

The spreader and actuating arm .

2. Greenhornet

Greenhornet Member

Sorry, that won't work on the Huck brakes.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

O.K., now I got it ~ I somehow thought this was for Bendix brakes....

Have you tried Chevs Of The 40's in Washington state ? .

Joe should certainly have an old Huck brake equipped rear end....

4. Greenhornet

Greenhornet Member

Yes, I tried them, Filling Station and others. There is no aftermarket supplier. I talked to a fabricator today. I need to get him the dimensions. Kinda strange that no one is making this part. Looks like you could build a complete truck from online suppliers except for this part.

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Okay then ;

Here's where the fun begins : now you need to begin chasing the Hot Rodders as they typically just toss the stock parts under the bench out out behind the garage and there they sit unwanted and hard to sell, heavy and bulky as heck too so often you can contact someone who built their Hot Rod years ago and they'll be happy to give you the old engines, trannies and so on...

Or, sell for scrap value .

If you go to car shows, coffee & cars gatherings or swap meets, make a simple sign out of an old biscuit or cereal box saying "WANTED OLD CHEVY REAR END OR BRAKE PARTS, take along a pad and pencil as you will be MOBBED by people desperate to get that old junk the heck out .

Some here needed good used 216 / 235 engines and got them for FREE doing this...

I wish you the best of luck in beating the bushes, maybe Joe will take pity on you and sell you what you need .

I'm not on facebok but if you are they have a big vehicle section, put up a 'wanted torque tube rear end' notice and you'll polly find one near you .

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Okay, I found a place that will have the Huck park brake parts he needs, I'm surprised Evan hasn't chimed in as he junks out original drivelines on a regular basis .