Free parts !

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by vwnate1, Dec 29, 2010.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Dash gauges , binnacles , lenses and one funky cover , all this will go into the trash really soon .

Pickup in So. Cal. or pay shipping .

I have volt , oil & temp. gauges including one early mechanical oil pressure gauge , a fuel gauge , & a clock or two , all are good working mixed year units .

I have one turn signal switch complete with uncut harness too , not sure what year .

2. Melman

Melman Member

Parts

Nate,
    You seem to have some good parts. I am looking for a decent gear shifter. The one on my truck is rusty and scratched up. Would you by any chance have a lever for auto,column shifter w/tilt? I have been looking for one locally, no luck.My truck is a 1987 model.I would pay for shipping to 30240.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

More Parts

I forgot to mention the perfect front bumper ,painted typ , I need rid of that too .

I assume you want a chrome shifter handle ? .

I have no idea , my truck is a base model work rig . me , I'd prolly just soak it in some White Vinegar to remove the rust then paint it .

I'm going to change out the whole tilt/extend steering column from my 1980 Caddy Fleetwood Hearse soon as the turn signal switch died and it was cheaper to grab a whole low mileage column , might that work ? .

I'm still kinda bummed they scrapped out two clean , low mileage Hearses after they were used in a movie ~ of course I happily took the freshly re covered seat and matching carpet....... :D .

4. Melman

Melman Member

shifter

Thanks Nate,
    I will look around for another one. I have a buffing wheel I will see if that will bring my old one back to a shine.:)