Great Day!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, May 4, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf Member

another great day!!!

Finally had some time to work on the truck!!! Got my fuel pump in correct. Took 4 times, but I got it, what I was doing was getting the arm behind the cam lobe.

Got the front brakes rebuilt and installed! And last and the most pain in the rear was the rear brakes. I had to take a screw driver and break loose the wheel cylinder in order to get the drums off. They were so corroded and old. I tried for hours trying to get the drums off. They wouldn't back off.

But by unbolting and knocking the wheel cylinder off through the adjusting slot, I was able to get them free. This allowed the shoes to relax and the drums to come off. Now, I just have to hook up the new lines and bleed the system, and I will be ready to go!

I will post some pics hopefully next week!!

Nice to see so many people looking at this site. These trucks are cool. Thats how I met most of my neighbors. I had the truck out in my driveway for a while, and I met more of my neighbors in those 5 days it was outside then in the 4 months we lived there;)

wolfy

2. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Lots of views

Ok guys dont get carried away, i went of to have a cuppa and came back to find my laptop had just kept reloading the same page! there has only really been seven of us here:D

3. Zig

Zig Member

Come on, Brit!

Don't spoil the fun~ It just goes to show you how many G fans there are out there!:D

4. Wolf

Wolf Member

I agree, every body loves these old trucks!!! Plus I think this is getting lots of views, because it shows that there are "real" people on this site. People that enjoy doing the same thing. People that are generous enough to trade parts or just give them away for some stories and time.

Thanks again Paul for the parts!!!

He could have easily just thrown then away and not dealt with anything more.

I hope to return the favor or pass it along someday!!!

5. Zig

Zig Member

I'm happy for you, Brian!

It's great to hear that those brakes will be back in action! It is a great feeling when you can fire that puppy up and roll out into the street! Hope the bleeding works out OK for you and that soon neighbors heads will be turning as you get that beautiful G going down the street!:cool:

I can't wait until tomorrow's car show!:D

6. Wolf

Wolf Member

thats exactly what im hoping for. I hopefully will be able to work on it later this month. Work has been really busy lately especially with family vacations. The wife and I are taking her parents out to Durango CO. Tomorrow!!!

How was the car show on the 4th post some pics if ya can.

PS Did you see the # of views on this post now:eek:

7. shotwheelz

shotwheelz Member

4th of July car show!!!!

Here's some pics from the 4th of July car show that Zig and myself were at.

Attached Files:

8. shotwheelz

shotwheelz Member

Some more pics!!!

And here's a few more!

Attached Files:

9. Zig

Zig Member

And this one!

This is my one and only shot at the show. But hey, was there a better truck to get a picture of??? And notice~ an AD with its hood DOWN!:D

STILL no shot of your engine, Rob...:(

Out of all the other cars there, big yellow has my vote! What a slick ride that was, huh?:cool:

Attached Files:

10. Zig

Zig Member

No reason to get excited...

Rumor has it, all those views are "brit" looking and looking and looking at the beautiful Gs on this thread. I know, I thought maybe we were popular~:D

You know I love ya, brit!:D

11. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

I love that '39 Willys coupe!:cool:

12. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Durning my great day in Tehachipi yesterday , I was looking at a nice old 1946 DeSoto Coupe....... :p sweet car that one is , good for travel .

13. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Oi, Behave!

Behave Zig, countrys have been invaded for far less insults!

14. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Here's Your Insult Neil :

Your funny LBC's all have the steering wheel on the wrong side ! :p

Nah , I can't say that , I love LBC's and I've imported many RHD vehicles from the U.K. too .

15. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Say what you will about Brit50...

He makes me proud to be on the "right" side of the pond:eek::D;) Besides, it's 9:30pm TEXAS time and that old geezer's in bed!

16. brit 50

brit 50 Member

In bed!!!!!!!!!!!!! im an insomniac fella, 2-3 hours a night max for me! dont hit the sack till 2-3 am and up half 4 to 5 every morning. even at weekends. it does catch up with me from time to time and my head feels as thick as a Texan on a quiz show, but an hours cat nap an im up and running like a well worn stovebolt,

You guys, i do feel sympathy for you, one day you might just get it.....

R/H/D = RIGHT hand drive

17. Zig

Zig Member

Lol!

In the words of "ALF"

HAAA!

18. Zig

Zig Member

61,+++ views??? It's all brit!

CP checked and informed me that brit50 has logged onto this thread almost exclusively! They further went on to say that it was specifically the posts that have pictures of GMCs!:D

Of course, we all knew it was brit all along...

Went to the shine and show here in town yesterday and this time got a couple of shots of Rob's engine compartment. Including the patten pending breather,
    A slick, clean setup!:cool:

Attached Files:

19. brit 50

brit 50 Member

20. shotwheelz

shotwheelz Member

Hmmm, I thought it was me instead of brit. Hey Zig, do ya have the rest of the cab painted yet? Better hurry before the rain!!! Let me know if you want me to paint it for you. I will try to squeeze you in within the job of putting on quarters and wheel wells in a nova this weekend.