Great Day!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, May 4, 2008.

1. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks, Rob!

Thanks for the offer, but you know~ I've GOT to do as much of this by myself as I can...:rolleyes:
    I just got back from two days of workshops in KC and have more for tomorrow and Friday... (here at least)
    Friday night I'll get after it. I'll be in Frontenac tomorrow night for a teacher get-together. I'd love to stop buy and get that measurement on the bed rail to belt line. I need that to know how far down to bring the red. My goal is to have the red on the cab by the end of this weekend though!:cool:

2. shotwheelz

shotwheelz Member

I have car club meeting at 7:00ish til around 9ish. So either before or after that would be cool. If not I'll be around all evening friday and all weekend at the shop, so swing on by. Rob

3. Zig

Zig Member

So~

I went over to Rob's to get a measurement to find out where the red and white will meet on my truck, and ended up taking a nice little drive in that great G of his! Too cool to be setting in the cab of one of these ADs that was running down the road~ I can't wait until I'm looking over the hood and fender from the driver's side of MY truck!
    Rob has one heck of a shop loaded with all KINDS of goodies! Let's just say he has come across some GREAT deals! Inside that shop is a long time project that will be worth the wait. A nice AD panel!:cool:
    Unfortunately, there is a Nova that has him a little TOOO preoccupied... Evan, you'd be proud of his efforts on this car!
    Anyway~ it was great to be inside a _rolling_ AD! Thanks, Rob!

Of course, now that school is starting back up and I'm pretty much reduced to weekend work, guess what? A whole friggin' day of (much needed) rain!!!:mad: So the day has been spent with my daughter. That's cool too.;)

4. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Riding in an AD

Zig - ditto - you reminded me that I never got around to thanking 1952Bowtie Bob on our forum for taking me for a ride in his rig and letting me drive it :D shifting thru the gears without hanging up. What a gas and motivation to keep on working towards goal. I got the 235 all mounted up over the weekend. Thanks to all of you for the help in finding and teaching about motor mounts and your endless coaching and encouragement. Larry

Attached Files:

5. 1952Bowtie

1952Bowtie Member

Looking Good!

That 235 looks great in there Larry!! Wish mine was that color! Won't be long now...you'll be firing that rig up.

I'm sure you thanked me for the ride...either way you're more than welcome. If you need another AD fix, come drive it anytime you like! You too Zig, if you get out this way.

Bob

6. Wolf

Wolf Member

Larry, you are making some sweet progress... keep it up!!!

Paul, hows all the painting coming along, I have been anxious for some more pics!!!;)

7. Zig

Zig Member

Just wait!

I'm more anxious to get you your brake parts! New school district and all-those-meetings... This weekend for sure! (And pictures of my project as well...;))

8. Wolf

Wolf Member

sweet;) I can't wait. I have been working on some wiring on my truck right now. Got my new gas tank, and sending unit installed. Got my heater core to the radiator shop Saturday, so hopefully that will be good news. Got the rest of the interior painted rattle can Zig style!!! Its not as good as your job Paul, but it will work for now! Broke my speedometer needle off way back in the assembly, not sure what I'm gonna do about that, and somehow got some wires mixed up or something on the back of the amp meter,cuz now my headlights don't work:rolleyes:

but im coming along slowly but kinda shurly!!!:p

9. shankamoto

shankamoto Member

speedo needle for wolf

LMC TRUCK has needles # 36-1902 white 49-53 chev gmc

www.lmctruck.com.

10. Wolf

Wolf Member

yeah i actually have a replacement needle from LMC. They are like 15 min from my house. What i did was broke the tiny shaft going to the needle. I may try some JB weld or something.

Thanks!!!:)