Happy VD to all the SWMBO's!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Here's hoping that everyone's "significant other" goes to bed tonight with a smile on their face and a warm feeling in their heart! Valentine's Day, a day to show her how much you appreciate all of the loving things that she does for you all year, all for one night of pampering! My beautiful bride got the token cards, one from me and one from the pup, both made her tear up! Step 1 complete! Step 2, preparing a meal to remember! I could have kicked Bobby Flay's ass tonight! Filet Mignon and lobster tails! Complete with salad and an excellent bottle of merlot from Chile. Step 3, to be determined;):D

Until tomorrow....

2. Wolf

Wolf Member

Sounds great! What we all should remember too is that treat her everyday throughout the rest of the year like its v-day! Its so much fun to randomly get my wife flowers! She truely appreciates it. And I love to see that smile on her face

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yep ;

I'm an old fart and i still love taking my sweet out on a date.....

4. Zig

Zig Member

Good for you, big brother

That's kinda the plan I had. But~ Home from work by 5, walk the dogs, make lunch for Tuesday, feed the dogs, feed the cats, take daughter to gymnastics, and... it was time for bed! MAN, the days just go TOO fast!
    We both decided we'd have that meal Friday.

Did you take her for a spin in that truck of yours???? :rolleyes:

5. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Probably didn't. It was too sunny to get his Queen into his Garage Queen and take them both for a ride.

6. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

We took it for a spin on Sunday, thank you very much for asking!:D

7. Zig

Zig Member

A "spin"

We all know this means they drove to the end of the driveway, then backed right back up the driveway. :rolleyes:
    That darn Ken will do ANYTHING to be able to put his arm around his honey. (That was when he backed back up the driveway...) :D

8. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Be Warned

Now I'm not the romantic type (unless it's about the old days) and valentines day is a pain to be honest (somehow or other chocs an flowers ain't enough over here, you gotta buy a present now!!!!) anyway, muggins here got the date wrong and didn't get a card for swmbo:eek:

Well, tues night the daughters boyfriends bike spat the exhaust off on my drive at 8pm and by 10pm I'd just finished putting it back on after welding it back together in the rain. :mad:

Wed afternoon I get a call on site....washing Machine has puked all over the floor:eek::eek: spend all evening tearing it apart and pulling my daughters hair clips outta it......27 in total plus a bit of loose change for added fun:eek:

Thurs lunchtime, just bout to tuck into a sarnie when swmbo rings again:eek: boilers had enough and up n quit, no hot water or heating, 5'C over here during the day:mad: get home and open it up to find pcb burnt out:( frantic calls to a few contacts and luckily get a guy here fri morn with replacement.

Today, get a call bout a relative.....not good news:(

Be warned guys......there is a god.......and she's a woman:eek:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Er ;

Not to P. on yer parade there Neil (you & I being such good mates & everything) but , my bet is : you don't have the right Lady if'n you don't want to do romantic things with or for her.....

I just opened up the garage and fired up the Mercedes Estate (Station Wagon for all the Bubbas & Yanks) I'm building for her.....

It's a grey market 1984/85 300TD I'm taking back to 100 % European Spec , she just wanted to look at it and sit in it as it ran for 1/2 hour......

She's pleased , I'm pleased , all the men in our 'hood are insanely jealous....... :p .