Here we go again

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by primered53, Mar 25, 2006.

1. primered53

primered53 Member

Well, it has been a very distant relationship with my 53. When I moved to Pittsburgh from Memphis, she sat in front of my Bro-in-laws barn for a year while I ws in school. I met up with an old friend from Highschool and he said he would work on it for slave wages so I said sure. I moved to California six mos. after taking it in and I said, "Dude take your time." Was in L.A. for a year and stuck it and came back last summer. I saw my highschool aquaintance when i came back. I didn't see the truck b/c his dad took the shop keys... uggh... So 2 years and change later I am going to kidnap the little tramp so I can put the Stang frnt end on. I was going to get her back one day, when the dad said... "well she's not really done yet" ... WTF? "The knots in the bedwood popped out and we have to re-do it. huh... Well, I talk ed to the son and he said, yes you need that truck back and let me know and we will haul it to the frame shop. GOOD... So, I will get her in there and hopefully I will get her on the road by summer. I am not that attractive and need to get little action and she will help. lol. anyway, that's the latest news... oh, one more thing.. found this cool old 52 Ponti sedan. Where the heck can I get basic stuff for that. I can weld now, so the metal won't be a problem. L8R guys...
    Attachments:
    https://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/4425be1809e0e07f.html

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Well ;

At least you didn't loose it .

Some do .

Never , _EVER_ tell any service person " take your time " what they hear is ' I don't care about this old piece of junk ' ~ 90 % of the time horror stories of loss or damage begin with ' take your time'

Cool on the Pontiac ! is it a 6 or 8 banger ? (all these old Pontiacs had only inline flathead engines) stick shift or Dual Hydromatic tranny ? .

I had a 1954 Pontiac Super Chief , top of the line I wish I still had it .

-Nate