I found a 1953 Chevy

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ssexton1, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

Okay, I think my search is over with. The price has been reduced from $4,500 to $3,800. It is a 350 from a 1977 Chevy truck and the S-10 Frame is from a 1997 S-10.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/2054652617.html

I'm going to go look at it Saturday morning with money in hand.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Patience

Look long and hard and don't be too quick to jump in:D

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Don't forget to check the lights and make some sudden stops from speed , turn thisa way & that , don't be gentle ! . it's better of hoky crap breaks before you own it....

4. coilover

coilover Member

I see one shot has the running board supported by two paint cans and none on the other side which makes me think the body/bed mounts are home made which is fine if done right. An engineered kit comes with RB brackets. Check out the front fender braces and the core support to S10 frame brackets, these need to be right to prevent front clip shifting or drooping. The rear end appears to be quite narrow and of course the front is 5" narrower on an S10 so a 2.5" spacer is needed on each side and these should be STEEL. Is the parking brake functional and has the radiator been mounted so the fan is between the upper half and the center line? A stock AD radiator won't cool a 350 if the fan is at the bottom. If the cab is rust free as stated and the engine and trans are in good shape then the price is very much acceptable. Lastly: how the hell did someone in Springfield get a picture Justin's 40 pickup---I'll let you make the comparison to the inset photo on the craiglist pics.

Attached Files:

5. destryrideagain

destryrideagain Member

Sandy I dont know if you read my other post, i cant seem to find that thread now =/ but you might want to check around some more. Theres an Old Chevy sitting in the Meineke garage thats attached to Advanced Auto Parts near 95th and Quivira Overland Park, KS. Right across from Sams Club. Its been sitting there awhile inside and I notice theres been some stuff thrown in the back of it. You might go check it out and see what you can offer them to take it out of there.

Meineke
    12300 West 95th Street
    Lenexa, KS 66215
    (913) 541-1686

6. coilover

coilover Member

Sandy, this may be too gaudy for your taste but it has been done well and is in your price range. The three small silver stripes that run vertically through the door stripe have since been removed. It has a 350/700r4, Camaro clip and rear end, p/s, pb, and a/c. It is a 54 but has a 53 bed because the owner liked the angled sides and shallower box. Runs and drives very well. Underside shots show the front clip has been installed correctly and more important is safe. Thank your friend "destryrideagain" for prompting me to make a quick check as to what is on the market at this time.

Attached Files:

7. coilover

coilover Member

Before any comments, this WAS NOT the final routing of the trans cooler lines.

8. ccharr

ccharr Member

It is a good looking ride and the colors are great.

9. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

Where is this ride located and what is the price?

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Um ,

Too much possibility for fun here Evan.... :p .

I thought those tranny cooler lines were specifically routed to help warm up time om these cold winter mornings....

I assume the bolts lying on the hoist arms , are at least included if not actually installed by now ? ;)

Lastly , I wonder : does the Ringmaster know it's gone ? :D .

I rather like the " Darrin Dip " , I've never seen it on an AD before , although this isn't my cuppa tea (to many cylinders etc.) I think this is a well concieved and sorted rig .

Just re-paint it Forester Green , slap on some skinny wheels & tires , and it might just do the job...

Sandy should stop messing about and go buy this truck , fly down and drive it home and begin having fun RIGHT NOW rather than the usual old truck in parts all over the yard thing for the next three years until he hates it.....

11. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

WHERE is this truck? Did I miss something?

12. coilover

coilover Member

The truck is in Greenville, Texas, which is about 50 miles east of Dallas on I30. We did work on it for two different people and I think the second one sold it to the present owner for $8500. It is presently for sale and I found out it has since had digital gauges and some bodacious sound system added so it may now be above what you have budgeted. I haven't heard from my contact (the second owner) today but he is supposed to fill in the details as soon as he calls the present owner. If this is too far away let me know.

13. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

Let me know if you hear from the owner.