I'm back

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by drivea55, Sep 18, 2014.

1. drivea55

drivea55 Member

Hey guys, and possibly gals. I've been away from the site for a while, mainly because I had too much trouble logging in, and gave up. Unfortunately, I was about to give up on my build as well. About had it sold, and thought "well, that'll be a dream that certainly won't ever come true". So, changed my mind, and got busy. Been stuck on fixing the cab back to new, as my chassis is 99% complete, minus wiring and fuel line. I found out that I need to stick to nuts and bolts, as my skill in body work was, although not terrible, was not to my standards. I found a gentlemen in the Spring, Texas area that does restorations, and I recruited him to help me make the body right. In a years time, all I had accomplished was replacing the inner and outer cab corners on the right, and the inner on the left. Had the entire cab blasted, and primed, as I was still seeing corrosion encroaching. Figured I better put a stop to it right away.
    So, at this point, my cab is almost completely restored. I've had the last corner installed, replaced the right side hinge pocket, which by the way, my guy did a stellar job of it. Looks perfect. He also fabricated the inner fender bracket that mounts to the top front of the cab. He made the piece by copying the left side, and it came out looking like factory. All corrosion holes have been filled, and all that is left is replacing the right side step. Apparently when the window is missing, and you're left to rot in a pasture, the step can really hold allot of water, and we all know what that creates. Rot.
    I'm so back in to this project now, as before long, I'll be turning wrenches again on the re-assembly of the body.
    Good to be back.

2. Tim Stines

Tim Stines Member

Almost sold my project to but decides not to and now I'm glad I didn't best of luck to ya and I'll be following your progress love to see how it turns out