Let's have some fun!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, May 25, 2007.

1. put-put

put-put Member

When i was 7 or 8 my dad had a 56 Chrysler with the push button automatic. I sat in his lap and steered the car. At 15 he had a Renault Dauphine that i learn to drive a stick shift on. This way my first solo car and the rear mounted engine was a hoot to spin the tires around in the dirt. I put oversize tires on the back and dogged the heck out of that 3 speed transmission. I later "graduated" to a 63 Falcon which i drove til about 1975. It was a DOG!! It had the 144 in3 with 3 speed on the column; you could down 2 beers between 0 and 60 mph. On a long, long straight you might hit 75.

2. Zig

Zig Member

put-put, well written! Of course the performance would have nothing to do with the "F" word???

3. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

My first car was a 1985 buick regal limited. It was white with red interior. The best ridding car I've ever owned. I still miss that old car. The first stick shift I owned was a 1992 Geo Tracker. I loved that little crap box too. It was fun and the chicks dug it. The first time I ever got to drive was when dad had a trailor on his 79 chevy pickup (you got to see it first hand Ken, old yeller out back at dad's house) in the middle of a bunch of trees. He said if I could back it out of the trees then I could drive it home. I was 13 at the time. Needless to say I drove home that day, and I've been driving ever since. Mom didn't think it was a good idea but dad made me a promise I could drive so from then on I drove everywhere (within reason).

4. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Is it ever to early to learn how to drive:D? This is what Tab and I got our little nephew for his second birthday:cool:. Can you tell he is a little spoiled? This is his second car. The first one was a ride on BMW Z4 which he still loves.

Attached Files:

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Sometimes life is not fair!

Not only did I not have those kind of rides growing up, they hadn't invented Big Wheels yet! If they made Big Wheels for adults today, i'd buy 2. My coolest ride at your nephew's age was a red "Radio Flyer". Awesome!!

6. Zig

Zig Member

Conflict of interest

Sure, he's sitting on a BMW~ but look at that shirt! What kinda' message are ye sending here?!
    By the way- watch out for that thing on legs that says the alphabet and counts numbers. We live in a 99 year old home. User friendly. Until we got one of those things! Even took the batteries out, and somewhere between a nice, peaceful sleep, and dawn, that thing would go off!!! Makes my skin crawl to think of it, but no S*%#, it happened!!!:D

...or did it...:eek::rolleyes:

7. Zig

Zig Member

New Thread?

Speakin' of coolest rides as a kid...

I have NO idea what it was, but it was chain drive with rubber tires. It looked like an old- OLD -Indy race car. I LOVED riding down my dad's driveway hitting the brakes and leaving long black skid marks on his prestine driveway!:D
    HE didn't see the fun in it, but~:cool:

8. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

The message in this is you can enjoy the nice new luxury cars of today, just don't forget about how cool the old cars are. He loves all kind of cars, anything with wheels he is ready to get on it. And that toy off to the side. Yeah, I like toys like that because I don't live with him and they don't disturb me.:D

My first ride on toy as a kid was my brothers hand me down late 70's pedal truck. We went everywhere in that little thing. Unfortunately that was the only one that I ever got. Oh well now on to the real thing.

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Toys & Revenge

Just remember : if there's a parent you dislike , the easiest & best way to get him is to buy his child a drum or trumpet.......... :D

Yes , I'm evil :cool:

10. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

As a young teenager, my brother Tom tried to start a band. They practiced at our house, were terrible and to the best of my knowledge never had a paying gig. Tom moved out, got married and had a son. Our mom gave her grandson a set of drums for Christmas when he was three years old.

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

BINGO ! :D