Looking for a 235,full oilling syst

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by lazys53, Oct 2, 2005.

1. lazys53

lazys53 Member

live in Sparks,NV, but my heart is in Cali.( I wil
    Hey felleas, I'm looking for a 235 with the full oilling system.I got a 216, it runs good, just want to upgrade to the 235,so I can get some Hi-performence installed.But I'm looking for one that's used and sitting in your backyard or garage.I'm willing to part from my 216,if a trade is what you want.Just want a oil filter and room for upgrades.I contacted Clifford High Performence,they handle all rebuilds and high performence for our trucks!Just they want to charge me $350 for a engine that still needs to be rebuilt.I'm just reaching out to fellow 6-Inliner Drivers.I live in Sparks,NV and willing to make a drive to pick up,just not to the Mid-West or East Coast.So,hopefully someone has one just sitting there taking up space,does not have to free,just less than $350.Thanks fellas---->Lazy

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

RE: Cheap 235

Lazy ;

Go to the Task Force section of this very board as the hot rodderrs are ripping them out and selling all the time , don't worry about the high prices asked , look in older posts as the 235 engine will still be sitting in the guys garage three years later and he'll be glad to get $150.00 for it , complete . gotta beat those bushes buddy . try Chevy Talk too but DON'T put up an " I need.." post as that's prohibited , just go read all the ' I installed a V-ate and now my headers won't fit and I hate my truck ' typ posts and ask if he wants to sell the old takeout 235....

Plenty of beater 1960 ~ 1962 trucks for sale cheaply that have running 235's and totally smashed to heck bodies , you local charity car place usually has junker trucks for sale cheaply , buy the whole thing for $200.00 pull the engine and dash , scrap the reast , sell the speedo pod on E-pay for $150.00 , re-paint the 235 and slap it on in ...you get the idea .

-Nate