Looking for information on Gen V install

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by EddyShwers, Nov 28, 2006.

1. EddyShwers

EddyShwers Member

Have a complete 97 BBC and trans that I would like to install in my 1970 Chevy pickup . Can someone direct me to the source for technical questions for wiring and fuel system needs as well as the trans information and connecting all of this to the original guages .

Thanks

2. drabo

drabo Member

You don't want much do you? Get a Chilton and or Haynes for both vehicles and compare wiring. Hopefully you also got the computer from the donor vehicle. If you still have the donor vehicle take the wiring harness also. Some of the guages I do belive are computer controlled like the speedo. I do belive there is an adaptor plate to hook up an older style tranny to your modern block. Actually your I think your block still has the same bolt pattern for a T350, T400, 700R4 ect.

3. drabo

drabo Member

You could also skip all that computer stuff and install a new intake manifold and carb. Most of those sensors are scrap after that. Sell the old manifold set-up on E-Bay and recover some of your money.