Losing the vent window?

Discussion in 'Paint & Body' started by jinaeve, Jan 5, 2015.

1. jinaeve

jinaeve Member

I'm considering removing my vent windows and installing the Brothers Trucks conversion kit to single window. Does anyone have experience with this that you can share your pro's/con's or regrets? I've been a big fan of the vent windows for decades but I'm beginning to think my fresh restomod would look much better without them.

Thanks!
    Jim Naeve

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

"You can have my vent windows when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers." Charlton Heston May 20, 2000,

I'll admit I considered it on my '65, in the end I just decided they are just way to useful to remove. And they are part of the iconic components that make these trucks true classics.

[​IMG]

3. JIMnWV

JIMnWV Member

A proper angled / adjusted vent window works great as a defroster in some temperatures. I quit smoking after 27 yrs but when I did the vent window was handy, newer 1 piece windows in todays vehicles are junk without the stick on window shades, at least to me they are, but I usually do 50,000 + miles a year back and forth to work. Your truck your option, but non-vent window trucks are produced everyday..... classic look / everyday look?

4. jinaeve

jinaeve Member

You guys share my sentiment about vent windows. I'm more than likely going to keep what I have, don't want to add more trouble and don't really want to dump $900 into something I'm not going to be satisfied with.

Thanks for the feedback.