New GMC's are junk

Discussion in '1999-Present' started by drabo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. drabo

drabo Member

Buying my 2003 Z71 was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I think it spent more time in the shop than it did on the road. It almost made me go Toyota.

2. Robert

Robert Administrator Staff Member

2003 Tahoe

I had a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. I had a few issues with it that were fixed by the dealer while still under warranty. Stitching started coming out of one of the seats, had a problem with vibration thru the steering wheel, replaced a Rear DVD player, but that was basically it. I had pretty good luck with it. Just sold it and purchased a 2007 Tahoe. So far I just love it, but I wish it got a little better gas milage. The 2003 4WD with the 5.7 motor was getting about 16 -15.5 the 2007 is getting me about 14.3 right now during the break-in period with about 60% in town driving. Uggh!

3. 283 man

283 man Member

I Love body on the 2007 Tahoe and the way headlights are looks neat.

4. kwhopper

kwhopper Member

My 2003 SSR has been flawless! No issues what-so-ever with the retractable top!

Attached Files:

5. 283 man

283 man Member

Nice SSR I have liked those SSR since chevy come out with them,also love that comercial that has the same color of SSR driveing down the road doing a 180 the backing onto the trailer with the other new chevy vehicles with the song EAGLES FLY.

6. ChevyTrucks83

ChevyTrucks83 Member

My uncle has a 2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax diesel and he has only had a few minor problems with it. I think he has like 70,000-80,000 miles on it. DON'T BUY A TOYOTA. They aren't any better then a GM and you would be supporting Japan instead of America. Toyota is having quite a few problems right now. They have had problems with the Prius, the new Camry, and the Avalon has been loaded with problems. Hang in there with your GMC. Hope you don't have any more problems with it.

7. kyle

kyle Member

yeah it may support japan, but with the plants in the US it supports americans to there buddy. Also, my 2000 s-10 zr-2 is a piece of junk. ball joints prone ot failure in 15,000 miles in these trucks, along with bad radios, door panels coming apart, among other stuff. I wont buy any chevy unless its a collector at this point
    ________
    Honda Pilot

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  8. ChevyTrucks83

ChevyTrucks83 Member

It will support the U.S. but not near as much as if you bought a GM or Ford. Toyota only has a few plants in the U.S. My Chevy truck is not junk. I know a lot of people with Chevy trucks and none of them are junk. I know many people that have Chevy pickups with 300,000 miles or more. There is a website www.chevy200k.com and it has a ton of trucks that have over 200,000 miles on them. There are some on there that have over 1 million miles and that is on the original engine. And now on 2007 GM vehicles they have a 5 year/ 100,000 mile warranty. Toyota's don't. Toyota's aren't as perfect as you think. They have had lots of recalls and tsb's recently. And Toyota cares more about their reputation then their customers. I heard stories from long time Toyota owners who recently bought a Toyota and they were having problems with their vehicles but Toyota wouldn't recall their vehicles because they didn't want to have a recall. So before you buy a Toyota give a GM a chance. I don't think you will be disappointed.

9. 283 man

283 man Member

:D Chevys are in for the long haul give GM a try they fit better.

10. ChevyTrucks83

ChevyTrucks83 Member

You get a Toyota and this is what it will get you.

Toyota to recall 533,000 SUVs, trucks

Automaker says 11 accidents were reported because of a defect that makes Sequoia, Tundra difficult to steer.

Toyota Motor Corp. plans to recall about 533,000 Sequoia SUVs and Tundra pickup trucks in the United States to repair faulty components that could make the vehicles difficult to steer.

Six injuries and 11 accidents were reported as a result of the defect, Japan's top automaker said Friday

Toyota last year recalled more than a million vehicles in Japan and 760,000 units in the United States.

Toyota isn't any better then GM. Toyota has been recalling vehicles like crazy. So don't buy a Toyota keep your GM and support America.

11. 283 man

283 man Member

This is Our Country:) CHEVY:cool: ..AMEN....

12. aftershock

aftershock Member

My friends aunt has one of those with all the options, amazing vehical. Also my dad has an 05 silverado crew cab 1500HD we haven't had one problem with the truck yet.

13. chev57

chev57 Member

chevrolet for me

chevrolet all the way they were born here .we grew up with them our parents /grandparents / and maybe great grandparents drove them /// they took people out of the hard times through the good times ,time after time you could fix anything on them old chevys with a 9/16 and 1/2 wrench//// the old chevy wouldnt start give her a push and pop the clutch and go ///i would think hope and pray more people have seen the u.s.a in a chevrolet than in a in a toyototota sorry i cant spell it ...... ..... guess i am just a dying breed from what i see going down the highway////// i am not trying to offend anyone i m just a chevy man i have old ones and a new one //// glad to see everyones opinions though =================

14. 283 man

283 man Member

:) :Amen You are 100% right.....

15. zeitlerusmc

zeitlerusmc Member

every manufacture has their bugs, if you ask me they are all over priced, skill level one snap together toys. I'll stick to my 63. don't get me wrong I would love to have a new gmc or chevy.! just can't afford it!

16. mdnichols

mdnichols Member

Great Post!!!!!

Myself, I have a 1971 Chevy C10 4X4 running a 350 and a 1953 3100 Stepside shortbed ---STILL--- running the straight 6 216 with the 3 on the tree and although I have experienced driving a Toyota, I just can't help but keep driving the old Chevy's. Like a previous note said, " all you need is a 9/16's or a 1/2 and your good. Today all of our newer vehicles rely on parts from around the world, an old Chevy gives me a high level of American Pride for the way things used to be and I have a great deal of respect for the men who built both of my trucks. I'm not an ol' timer either, I'm just 30. It sure would be nice if we all could fire up an assembly line that produced an 100% American made pickup line called, "Chevy" and put the jobs back in the American borders. What a great country we could become, "again". Even though it's difficult, do your best when you make a purchase to buy products that are Made in America. No, not assembled in America, MADE. Help make our children proud. Everyone knows, it can't be perfect, but we can at least contribute...

17. drabo

drabo Member

Update to my crappy 2003 Z71

Since purchasing my 03 Z71 I've been plagued with numerous power steering issues. My warranty recently ran out and despite having just been worked on the power steering went out again and the dealer would not repair it under the waranty . Needless to say it was the straw that broke the camels back. The 4X4 lemon is now sitting in someone elses garage. Since I sold this to an individual instead of a dealer I informed him of all the problems and sold it for a huge discount. I guess both of us are happy now. I then bought a 1999 Tahoe and love it but not as much as a truck. It does every thing I would expect a vehicle to do like start in the morning and turn one handed. I just amazes me how much better the quality was just a few years ago. Hopefully the new line of trucks is better than 1999-2006 ones, may they RIP.

18. rsibley

rsibley Member

2006 Gmc

I have a 2006 GMC VORTEC MAX and could not be happier.It has plenty of power for a production truck with no problems.Try and beat that with stock truck under 26K.

19. 283 man

283 man Member

Im happy with my 2007 chevy 5.3 LITER classic crew-cab,lots of room.NO PROBLEMS:D.

20. billybones

billybones Member

Free trade aint free at all............long live classic American iron!!!!!!!