Not much progress, but...

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Zig

Zig Member

That's the place!

Ha! How cool is THAT!? :cool:

I was TDY to Langly in '81 If IRC. My buddy and I ended up with a bass and a bunch of nice bluegill. (Thank God for the night crawler! Where would fishing be without it!)
    I liked that lake and the fact you could rent a jon boat and motor. Great concept! (It's a "No Wake" lake anyway, right?)

Again, thanks for sharing the pictures!

2. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

Mine son is the opposite, he'd rather fish. We tried salt water fishing this weekend and had a blast! We went out twice Saturday. After a few hours that morning we left and I came home and worked on the truck for a little while, then decided I'd take him back out a try night fishing. We found a lighted pier at Buckroe Beach and after a slow start, we found the "honey hole" for croakers. We caught 16 in all and didn't get home til almost 1:00am!! The only reason we left then was because it started to rain. We're already planning a return trip to pull an all nighter this weekend!!

Zig, you're right, that is a no wake lake but after last weekend, I'm not sure when we'll be headed to the lake again!!:D:D:D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  3. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Robert - After catching whoppers I pretty much lost all interest to fish for minnows, unless it's with my Grandkids! This 40lb King was caught in Alaska. If you guys ever get a chance to go to the "Artic", don't pass it up.

Attached Files:

• King.jpg
      King.jpg
      File size:
      129.4 KB
      Views:
  4. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

Larry, now that's a BIG FISH!!!