Oldskool dual 4 carb setup

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by JIMnWV, Jan 3, 2015.

1. JIMnWV

JIMnWV Member

Slowly getting around to actually starting my 55 2nd series project, decided to use this dual 4 setup I saved from a 72 Chevelle I once had. Been looking for carb kits for them and have narrowed some down, but I have yet to find any info as to what the CFM is of these carbs. Only info I find for the Carter # 3705s is that they are factory 426 hemi dual 4 carbs from 1964-65. Anyone have an idea as to the CFM of these carbs?? I always worked with Holley and Quadrajet carbs but not Carter. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Member

are those the casting number(s) .... ? :eek:

3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

4. JIMnWV

JIMnWV Member

Yes, those are part / model numbers for them. number is on the triangular metal tag attached to top rear corner screw. I did after a while find that same 750cfm info. Seems alot of air for a sbc but the motor that system was on in my o'l 72 chevelle sounded very good. Thats why I pulled this setup and replaced with a single 4 system when I got shed of the chevelle. Seen a 3 deuce setup that sure looked good too, I like unusual things that are not seen everyday.

Attached Files: