Patience , Please

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by vwnate1, Jan 7, 2009.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I hope all here had a nice New Year's Eve ? :)

I fell out early and slept it away with my lovely SWMBO beside me...

Anyways , of late , (since the accident) my ability to recall specific words has been seriously impared , I'll be in the middle of a sentence and not be able to remember ' end play ' or something . this happens in speech as well as my writing so I'm trying to not write as much as I don't want to give bum advice .

Please bear with me as I hope to be back in good form eventually .

2. ccharr

ccharr Member

Nate,
    Hang in there, I'm having the same thing happen, it started after my last spinal operation, but has about gone hope fully.

3. brit 50

brit 50 Member

same here

Having a similar problem Nate, my missus is goin mad constantly because i cannot remember specific tasks like, taking the trash out, cleaning the windows and fixing the lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Zig

Zig Member

That's not good, Nate

I assume that you've had a follow-up scan of your noggin lately? I don't know, but I'd say your wheel/bearing removal post was more than clear as a bell!

You know we'll be hoping things come back around for you, Nate.

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

No worries mate! It's only temporary in your case. Now in Brit50's case, I'm afraid it's permanent:eek:;)

As long as you can remember a few "key" words like "hey, I'm hungry, get me some more chitterlings", you'll be fine!:p

Poking a little fun at ya. "Poke" another word you need to remember.;)

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thanx !

I was at low ebb there :(

It's been harder than I imagined it could be and having a jerkwad boos who's hassling me at every turn doesn't help ~ I worry about my job security .

I took off last week with SWMBO for the new years and came home to a dead car , underdash fire and missing deliveries , more i won't bore y'alls with but it's disheartening at times....

Now a dang rodent (squirrel I think) has set up home on my sofa ! :mad: I found a big pile of chewed acorns (from the tree the City won't let me prune)
    and this rodent won't touch D-Con nor the indusrial blocks of rat bait I have around the property....

7. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

get a cat

Nate get a cat good company and he or she will take care of the rodents.

8. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

I don't much care for cats, too fickle. 22 pill?

9. ccharr

ccharr Member

Nate,
    Here is some AD poor boy blues to help you a little,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CExqCRNFt6o&NR=1
    Enjoy.

:)

10. rix 48

rix 48 Member

Squrrels

Nate, you're doning fine---don't expect to much to fast. Frustrating for sure but time will fix it. What doesn't come back probably was just taking up space anyway.

As for the squrrels, If you're having trouble with the 4 legged kind:D, I suggest a live trap with a bit of peanut butter on some dry cat food. These guys are smart so you have to drive them a fair distance to unload them or they'll be back. Works for racoons and cats too. I'm not a cat lover---I think they're just as bad because most owners wont keep them home. That population seems to be down presently.:rolleyes:

Rick

11. coilover

coilover Member

Nate, my nephew who is taking over the shop had a serious head injury several years ago and experienced the same frustations. The only place it shows now is on the telephone; he has long dead air time sometimes while forming a thought into a word. He's told me how frustating it is when the other person thinks the connection is lost and starts repeating "Hello, Hello" and the words don't come. It is slowly but consistantly getting back to normal. I know of few others that have as many pulling for them as you do, something you have honestly earned.

12. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thanx !

I've got the music playing whilst I write this.... :rolleyes:

I have a lot of feral cats around my house as the drunken b*tch next door feeds them so no cat wil help with the squirrels .

I bought a bucket of squirrel bait and hand scattered it , will see if that helps...

SWMBO and I were walking to the car and once again she said I was walking sideways.... :(

My boss is hasssling me to get back to work too , I go to the Dr's Monday and I hope he'll release me back to work soon .

13. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

Nate, hate to hear of your frustrations, but healing takes time. Just think about how blessed you are to have even survived the accident. Things could always be alot worse so just hang in there & count your blessings!;)

As far as the squirrels go I feel your pain. I just finished a temporary patch on my eaves that I discovered this morning as I left for work. I counted 15 of the pesky critters in the backyard last week. They always seem to find a way into my attic right above my bedroom! AAARRRGGG!!!! :mad: If I wasn't in the city limits they'd be eating 22 pills!!! Let me know how the bait works.

14. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Ahh, hell, I'm 36, no head injuries, and I still can't finish sentences. Don't feel too bad.

15. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Bloody hell Nate

You think you have problems, i was admiring a truck the other day in a parking lot then realised it was a feckin GMC!!!!!!!

IM LOSING THE PLOT!!!!!

16. booger

booger Member

Keep truckin' nate

Nate i had shoulder surgery (rotator cuff) back in august and just now getting most of the use of my shoulder. i do hope every thing gets better for you as i am sure EVERYONE here wants to have you at your best. true friends and brotherhood all at this site. except for those GMC folks (just joshing there guys!)

17. Zig

Zig Member

So, Gerald~ Does this mean I can add your name to the GMC envy list?:D

18. booger

booger Member

list

Zig, well.... i don't know if you could call it envy, but put me on the list.

19. Wolf

Wolf Member

sign me up as well!!!

nate just stick with it, im sure there are plenty of us out there that are sendin up a few good words for ya

20. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Long Motor Envy

Yes , we all know I suffer from that ..... :rolleyes:

The good news is : I'm to see the City's Dr. Tuesday next and hopefully he'll release me back to Active Duty status .

I'm walking as much as I can and trying to be ready as I'll be hobbling up and down the stairs all day .

Maybe it'll help me loose some weight :D