Pontiac Trans Am...

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by 50 Chevy LS3, Mar 31, 2016.

1. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

I know, I know,...It's not a Chevy Pickup, but, IT IS COOL!
    I didn't know where to post this, but, thought it is so cool, I needed to share.

Steve.
    P.S. In a perfect world, one of the "77" would be mine.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  2. ClassyMate123

ClassyMate123 Member

Awesome! nice video

3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Nice.. Thanks for posting this Steve.

Only thing that looks odd, IMHO, are the tires. They need to be larger in diameter and have more sidewall.

I still can't believe Pontiac's are orphan cars. Some of the coolest cars ever made were poncho's.

_____
    John

4. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Yeah, I agree, the modern tires take away from the retro look, they are going after. The thing is, these modern muscle cars are so much more powerful than the originals, they require those speed rated, low profile tires. Plus, the low profile design handles high speed curves, or autocrossing, much better.
    My brothers Hemi, Challenger, is truly a factory race car. It has those low-pro, Goodyear, supercar, summer only tires on it. It was eye-opening, the first time he let me drive it. And, I have driven alot of 60s, and 70s, muscle cars.
    He, and a couple other guys, at the place he works, have new Challengers. All, V-8, Hemi's. Each, tries to outdo, or outdrive the other.
    I told them, they need to buy enough burial plot's, to bury a Challenger. That would make things, easier.
    Steve.

P.S., John, Pontiacs, were some of the coolest muscle cars. I drove several, GTO's, my uncle brought home from the auto auction. He once brought home a Catalina, 2+2, and I drove it. Impressive, sleeper, larger, car, it was...
    Just another part of Obama's, disgusting, legacy. The death of Pontiac.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Lakeroadster likes this.
  5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Agreed on the way cool Pontiacs. My FIL is a big Pontiac fan. My wife learned to drive in a '67 Catalina convertible.. her first car..... land yacht.

We saw a 1961 bubble top Catalina at a car show in 2015... may be the coolest car ever made in that era.

As for Obama.. he didn't know it was Pontiac, he thought it was Cadillac...

Attached Files:

50 Chevy LS3 likes this.
  6. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

That is a nice, green, Pontiac, John.
    I forgot about my dad having a 1970, Catalina, for many years. You remember, the one that had a "horse collar" looking grill. I used to tell him it looked like a '58 Edsel. It was black, all over, with fender skirts, and those 5 spoke, Pontiac factory sport wheels.
    Always spotlessly clean, and the 400c.i. engine would SMOKE, it's tires.

The thing I remember about the Govt. bailout of GM, was, the insertion of Obamas guy, as part of the deal. He killed, Pontiac, Hummer, and Saturn. They also tried to discontinue, Buick, and GMC trucks, and only build Chevrolet trucks. A dark time. I would have done anything possible to keep them out. That is why most of the guys around here call, GM, "Government Motors", to this day.

Steve.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  7. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Amen to that Steve.

That Catalina sounds like an awesome ride.