Have a seat! I have made good progress on the installation of the Safari van seat. Since it is a different path than the "Hanlon Conversion", which utilized square tubing to attach the seat to the original slides... I think it will need a different name. But anyway, I trimmed the original seat frame down to a point where it did not interfere with the new seat. Most of the vertical sheet metal at the rear has been removed. The "seat back" tubing has been removed as well. I left a vertical flange for stiffness. I trimmed the pipes level with the back trim: passenger side and driver's side, shown here with a filler and the passenger side filled Here's what I have to work with, at the rear of the seat. I removed a few hog's rings to get a look at the framework. The center stiffener ribs held the seat up off of the frame, so a trim was in order (I did fill and weld this all up... but forgot to take pictures): I bent up some 14 gauge tabs... (pardon the chunky welds- I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I realized the wind was blowing the shielding gas away as I worked outside) and I trimmed the tabs to keep the pipe tight to the seat- I didn't want a space there. At the rear of the seat, I took advantage of an existing bolt, and used some L angle stock to make attachments (these will be fastened- but the bolt is of course metric): Here's what I have, drivers side: And passenger side: And this is how the front looks, bolted up: The original corner "skirt pieces" I have are in pretty rough shape. I will need to make new ones, with a flat top piece to cover the mounting studs from the slides, and I may do a skirt which goes all the way to the rear of the seat frame. We'll see.