Restoring 67 Chevy Truck for cancer awareness. Need help with deciding on Engine/Trans.

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by SkyAngel, Nov 17, 2015.

1. SkyAngel

SkyAngel Member

Hi all,

I've purchased a 67 Chevy Truck, short/fleet. I'm planning to restore it in honor of my sister I recently lost. I plan to volunteer to start out and potentially start my own non profit to help people out locally. All that I would potentially get or raise will go right back to whoever is in need. I'm so tired of all these organizations spending the funds on huge payrolls.

I plan to drive this truck often so I certainly want to keep fuel efficiency in mind (this is my main concern). Some recommend finding an old engine and rebuilding but unfortunately I'm just not that talented. Some say go carburetor and some say fuel injection. I'd love to ideally buy a turnkey and trans combo but will take any and ALL suggestions to heart. I'm not rich and I know the sky is the limit on what these things can cost. I want to do this right and smart. Thank you SO much!

Juliette