Say it ain't so!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ol' chebby, Oct 10, 2010.

1. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I may be going to the dark side....My next project will be......a 62 ford unibody. I don't normally speak Ferd, but the money is green! It is actually a pretty decent truck. It may get a Crown Vic. front and rear driveline, and a 5.0 engine and 5 speed.

2. federale

federale Member

Re:A Ford??????

Old trucks are what we are all about. I almost bought a 47 International a few days ago.:D

3. Zig

Zig Member

Oh COME ON!

You can't do THAT! You are supposed to start a thread about rat rodding a GMC! You know~ showing how you install a V8 into it and the automatic.
    But instead you are doing a F#@D?????
    Say it ain't so!

4. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Zig,

Your missing the point! He chose between a Fugly grill and a ford....I'm afraid its true!

Flashlight

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I have some cool kustom ideas to make that grille actually look cool. I'm looking foreward to starting it, but paying jobs come first.

6. bigtimjamestown

bigtimjamestown Member

003.jpg Here's one of those old fords, I took this pix at the Graffiti bash in Modesto Ca. back in June. It's not a uni body but they are very similar....Big Tim

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  7. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

I have had the 4.6 and the 5.0. The 5.0 will run but the 4.6 is close to the best ford made for regular driving

8. Zig

Zig Member

Just wait~

If the G isn't manly enough, just wait to see what Russ does with his. :cool:

9. brit 50

brit 50 Member

I'm leaving

This sites gone to the dogs:(

We got the G men discussing F**ds:mad:

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

It Ain't So !

Well ;

Truth be told , it is of course but you asked :p .

I've always liked those unibody Brand 'F' trucks , even though they flexed *so* much the doors often jambed closed when parked on uneven ground on the farm or ranch... that's why FoMoCo stopped making them after...(?) two years (?) ~ too many conmplaints and too much $$ to re-design them , they certainly sold well enough at first .

223 I-6 and overdrive was nice too....

Boy howdy ~ this is a tough crowd , next you'll be asking if I like Falcon Rancheros...

I think I'll keep my GM products though :D .

11. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Feel the force

Don't be seduced by the dark side Jedi Nate :eek:

12. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Well , See ;

The deal is the I-6 thing , it's harder to resist than crack , for me anyways.... :rolleyes: .

Remember ; when I was just a yoot on the farm , GM products were too $pendy so I hadda resurrect an old 1959 F-100 to tool 'round in...

13. brit 50

brit 50 Member

All is lost

I feel the dark side is strong inside you Nate:(

14. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

My grandfather told me to never bad-mouth F*#@

He was a master mechanic, trained in Dearborn, MI, and drove Chevys 'til he died. He told me one day back in 1967, as he heard me putting the bad mouth on a F*#@ farm truck I was working on, "Son, don't ever bad-mouth a F*#@! They've put groceries on our table for years!" "If everyone drove a chevy, we'd starve to death!" He went on to tell me "Son, you'll get your driver's license in 3 more years and if I ever see you driving a F*#@, I'll cut the biggest willow switch I can find and whup you till you can't walk!" Made me a believer! I swear to this day that the only reason he ever planted that weeping willow in his back yard in the '20's was to help his kids and grandkids from losing their hearing!;)

15. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

This one actually came with a 292 Y block.

16. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

' The Dark Side '

Well ;

Be it known that I rather like the Chrysler slant sixes , especially the all aluiminum ones from the mid ~ 1960's....

I've also had pleasure driving Flat heads , a bad basic design IMO but what the hell , if it gets me where I need to go then...

17. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Y Block V-Ate Memories

Another good basic design (said the InLine guy) .

Unless of course , it's summer in The Desert and you're on the puimp island when one rolls in with a bum starter and you have to change it out in the blistering heat...

Experianced Brand "F" Mechanics never re-install that maddeningly inacessable top bolt so anytime you have to swap out a Y block starter in the heat or mud , rest assured it'll be there to screw uo your day .

18. Zig

Zig Member

I'll bet you do!

Been there myself. Took a picture of the front, cut out the grill part of it and started drawing ideas down. I'd lay the photo over the idea. Came up with some fun ones, but I'm still not sure what I'll do. I may just leave it the manly mug that it has. (Just for Neil if nothing else! :D)

I was wondering if the '52 Chevy passenger car grill would work? Then again, there is that Buick or Olds grill... :rolleyes:

19. ccharr

ccharr Member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  20. federale

federale Member

Re:Southern

The time frame escapes me at this point,but wasn't there a thread about a GM replica truck a while ago that used a F**d engine and trany? :eek: