Side Mount Spare Tire - what SIZE?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by gypsy truck, Aug 7, 2009.

1. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

Bilbo - nope, sorry - these wheels were either from my chevy donor or from my body man's parts pile that we could scrounge up that were still decent enough for my use. Not in my budget to buy new. Others on here have so if you are looking for new - just do a SEARCH THIS FORUM and you will find who and their supplier. Others have searched local junk yards to find these old wheels. I wanted 16" and not willing to keep the old 15" that came with my GMC. I am perfectly happy with how mine turned out for my purpose.

Attached Files:

2. ccharr

ccharr Member

You can call our host to locate or look for them here; Truckshop, pg. 63 for demple fender(spendy:eek:), pg. 127 for spare tire rack.
    http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdVi...key-17s7ityn21ee0nwga701&page=1&viewMode=list .

3. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    I had the same problem, rubbing the cab, when I tried to mount up my spare with factory mount. I ended up making my own tire mount. I just figured that the side-mount spare wasn't an option on a 1/2 ton. I have radial Goodyears from Walmart with our Hosts Chrome rim and have nice road handling.

Mostly for show I mounted an original rim with baby moon and trim ring. My Original rims had a 16x4 Nanking as well. It looks great and would still work as a spare. BTW, I have an original sidemount for sale and three leftover original 16x4 rims tires. Have a set of four "chevrolet" moons and trim rings for original rims from our host.

Flashlight