Steve's 50 re-re-rebuild

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 50 Chevy LS3, May 9, 2013.

1. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

'57 vintage Chevy 235-6, '67 vintage Chevy 283, (2) '74 vintage 4-bolt main, Chevy 350's.
    I will give you, any of them, John. Catch is, you have to start a new project, and give us weekly progress reports here. I miss the never ending stories of the "Orange Crate".

I will also deliver to your shop, for fuel, and a little lodging...:D

Steve.
    P.S. Actually, I'll give you more than one. How many do you want?

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

You are a Gentlemen and a Scholar, Steve. Nice collection. I'll take a rain check.

I think I'm done "building" vehicles. It's fun and I love it but it's like throwing money down a hole. I've recently returned to a hobby I had as a kid, Model Rocketry.

I designed and built from scratch an X-Wing Fighter... and currently building the next scratch build. It satisfies my "lust" for designing stuff, and once I'm finished building I have less than $100 in the project.

Exploded View.jpg 002.JPG Lifting Rocket Dwg Sheet 1 of 30 Rev 16.jpg 004.JPG 001.JPG Stud and Nut Dwg.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    50 Chevy LS3 likes this.
  3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Great hood ornament for my GMC. Probably make it faster too.

50 Chevy LS3 and Lakeroadster like this.
  4. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Probably. If, it was securely mounted and you pushed the "launch" button. Downside is, it would only last a short time, and you would have to re-paint your hood.

Steve.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  5. Zig

Zig Member

283?!?
    Drooling...
    That’s exactly what I would replace my 228 with whenever it decides to give up the ghost!

6. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

That is cool. My Brother and I used to build Estes rockets, when we were kids, also. Work, work, work, launch,... wow... Hey, Mike, it went into the clouds... never seen again, many times.
    Hey Zig, when I get to the shop, I will tag that 283, Reserved, for Zig. DO NOT SHIP, hold for pick up. Let's see, that will get you to west-central, Indiana. Half way to New Hampshire.:D

Steve.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  7. 52wasp

52wasp Member

New Hampshire? Wasn't there a guy building a truck from there? Oh yeah, that's right... he's a CARPENTER now.