Sun visor block off plates?

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by sinerasis, Nov 17, 2006.

1. sinerasis

sinerasis Member

The sun visors in my 77 were sagging and not working very well, so I figured I would take them apart to see if I could help them out a little bit... I made them worse in the process, the plastic triagles that mount them to the roof were very brittle and broke on me. I was wondering if anyone knows of a block off plate that I could use just to cover the holes for the visors, I never use them and was thinking it could be a good idea just to get rid of them all together. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Heavy86Chevy

Heavy86Chevy Member

you could always replace them....or make some plates to cover the holes....but i am not sure...but i think it is illegal not to have them...

3. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Yes in most places you need at least the driver side. all the one I have seen so far 73-84 have been steel and pretty sure the one 85-87 are the same so ? maybe some one has changed your for 88 and up ones. a lot of after market places carry them. Or you can find some used ones @ most yards that have 73-87 trucks1\2 ton right up to 1 1\4 ton have the same sun visors

4. sinerasis

sinerasis Member

Oh i did not think about it being illegal, thanks for the advice :)