Tail light and signal light wiring

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Tailgater, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Zig

Zig Member

Yup!

Much better Federale! I knew there was something cool on that gate! K- Now I know what the front and back of your truck look like- what about inside and under the hood???? For that matter, how 'bout a profile shot? Please, please, pretty please??? If ya don't feel like posting any more shots, that's okay. I just like what I've seen of your ride so far. I know it's a work in progress, but that's okay! Thanks for posting what you have! Much appreciated!:cool:

2. federale

federale Member

Ok here's the side view LOL. I'll get her painted one of these days,maybe when I retire.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yes , you can .

If you connect the pilot lamp wire to the _output_ side of the flasher , it should blink just fine .

I'm using a three prong flasher and the pilot indicator light stays lit all the time , then blinks when the turn signals are in use.....

It's different but I like it as I'm fond of things that light up... :rolleyes:

IIRC , I had to add a seperate ground wire to the Signal Stat switch (for the pilot lamp) as the mast jacket isn't grounded due to the horn wiring...

-Nate

4. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Hey Boop use the LED's they work much better and are more visible. Plus no bulb to change out. If you use them then don't flip out if they come on a few seconds faster than the light bulb type. LED's are less resistance and take less voltage to power up so they come on quicker. Good luck.

5. Boopster

Boopster Member

LED lights

Thanks Kevin, I saw these lights a good many months back and decided against them, now I'm leaning toward installing them because the original lights are so low (below eye level of following vehicle) now I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know what they are called or where they can be purchased

Yep, thinking safety again for the Boop, don't want anyone running up her tail pipe whilst lookin at the fine ride. :mad:

TB'sD

6. Boopster

Boopster Member

second thought

At least that had better be what they are looking at, and keep their grimey, beaty eyes off the Boop.:mad:
    TB'sD

7. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

B'sD,
    As the father of an 18 year old daughter alls I can say about your last post is...Good luck!
    TG

8. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Nate,
    Thanks for the confirmation. I thought I could do it that way but it is good to hear it from you. The last thing I want is charred truck so I want to be really careful with the wiring.
    TG

9. Zig

Zig Member

A.d.d.

Doggonnit! They want to talk about wiring- I have one last question about your truck, Federale. Is it a figbar of my imigration, or are the front tires/wheels smaller than the back?

Sorry for the thread inside a thread, but Federale started it!:D

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Not To Worry !

..Several of us parents here , will be willing to wait by the front door with a baseball bat & meet & greet Boop's dates and ascertain exactly thier intentions and planned return time... :D

BT,DT s several of the single moms I used to date had daughters... :cool:

One cannot be too careful these days .

-Nate

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Wires & <MAGIC> Smoke

Not to worry ! it's alway a good plan to test a lighting circut by brushing the power wire before solidly attaching it , lights , even headlights , should only make the tiniest of sparks as you energize the circuit .

I read earlier of some one using ' to thin a gauge wire ' in a taillight circuit , causing it to smoke . this was an error as taillight bulbs draw so little current they cannot cause the <magic> smoke to ascape no matter how thin a wire you use . only a shorted to ground would do that...

For some reason I like automotive electricals and those problems seem to gravitate to me.. :rolleyes:

-Nate

12. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

But WHY ?

I don't see why ~ it appears you're one of those who likes primer and I must admit , it looks pretty good so why paint it ? .

-Nate

13. federale

federale Member

LOL Zig. Yeah the tire and wheel combo is different.Running 15 inch wheels all around. The fronts are stock junkyard Chevy ,but the rears are 8 inch with custom backspace from Wheel Vintiques.

14. federale

federale Member

I think it looks fine in primer too Nate,but the mrs. has been onto me since 1989 to get it painted and she never forgets anything.:rolleyes:

15. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Swmbo!

And that's all i got to say about that!

16. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Jim Carter sells "Bed roll Custom Lights". They run about $78 per pair. Double element bulbs, though, not LED. Mar-K sells bed side hole caps also, but they do not light, they just look good.

17. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

SWMBO Huh ?

Well ;

Who's truck is it anyway :confused: :rolleyes:

Ask her if you cazn have either a primered truck or the jar off the mantle , it's not fair for her to have it all ya know :rolleyes: :D :p

You DO know I'm just funnin' ya , right ? . :cool:

-Nate
    (don't make me mention what's in the jar , 'K?)

18. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Bed Roll Lights

So , buy a pair and install the LED #1157 dual filament bulbs so they're extra super bright....

-Nate

19. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks for asking about wiring your truck Gater! This has turned out to be a hoot of a thread with its run of A.D.D. as usual!;) Nate- one thing-

Everyone got together and decided to have me ask you if you could please...
    change the... picture you use... to the one of the POC work truck you drive.:eek:

Nothing against your car with the funky peace sign, but "we" feel that the "Desert Rose" oughta be under your name- jsut for a while, okay???

"We" were just wondering...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  20. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

About this thread. This is probably how our conversation would go if we were all down at the local watering hole. I guess this is our virtual watering hole.

It seems like there are a few of us east of the Mississippi and quite a few west of. Are any of you guys on the east side planning to go to the Charlotte Autofair this year? I have always gone to the fall autofair but I am considering the Spring one this year. Here is a link. It is April 12-15 this year. You can walk all day long and not see all the vendors. Plus a ton of cars, trucks and future cars.

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

There's my ADD again. Starting yet another topic within the thread.