Top cowl vent drain

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Ricos54, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

Well, I finished the firewall and started on the back of the cab. It's coming along just seems like anything you want to do takes forever. I guess not to bad though, the firewall took about a week because there's such small places to sand. So far I'm two days on the back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

firewall

Rico firewall looks awesome what type of welder did you use to fill holes in firewall.i have a cheap 90 amp flux wire feed form harbor freight tryed to plugging holes on scrap metal and not so good afraid to use on my firewall and make a big mess.
    Robert

3. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Use the lighter setting on sheetmetal. You can use a copper spoon or a smashed copper nipple from Lowes as a backer for small holes, the weld won't stick to the copper . Bigger holes need to be filled with a round filler, some folks will use a washer that is the same size as the hole. Go slow and let the metal col between welds, skip around as you fill in.

4. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

welding 101

Going to try one on lower part of firewall first.
    Well Russ I might be heading over to the dark side sbc

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

The Force is strong in this one......

6. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

I used a Hobart 120. It's best to have air around so you can blow it off each time you spot weld so the metal doesn't warp:)