Trouble Running

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Wolf, Aug 2, 2009.

1. shooter2

shooter2 Member

You might try soaking it in CLR to see what happens. I haven't tried it but someone else told me it works.

Jim

2. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thats a good point. I never thought of that stuff. I have some laying around somewhere. Thanks!

3. Wolf

Wolf Member

Ok finally had some time to take the sweet GMC out for a spin. After removing that metal filter thing from the top of my Zenith carb, the truck started right up and ran great. It never once cut out on me!!!:D Seemed to have quite a bit more power too:cool:

I will be driving it later this week, my hopes is that i finally found the problem. It it continues to run good. Its off to the DMV and then I can drive it legally!!!

Can't wait.

4. Zig

Zig Member

Well????

It was fair to middlin down here in SE Kansas, so was it driving weather up there Brian?

Sure would be cool to see some _video_ of that truck of yours tooling down the road.

All I was able to do was go out to the garage and sit in the cab for a while~:(
    I tried Patrick's on line store to see if he still had gaskets for a 228. His on-line store doesn't have half the stuff the catalog does. (I guess) (I have an old catalog, so I'm not sure he still has all that other GMC stuff.)

I drooled over the Howard intake... ...sigh...

Anyway, between courses and teaching, I'm glad the weather has been bad, otherwise I'd REALLY have the bug biting!

Drive that truck some for me, too, okay Brian?
    Thanks!

5. Wolf

Wolf Member

Another Update!!

Paul I can't wait to get her on the road, legally. Can't wait till i can come down or you can come up here and we can cruise around!

Drove the truck this last Thursday night, drove around for about 45 min my wife and I did! So much fun.:D

Truck ran great again. Not a single hint of a miss or anything like that. Hopefully I can get some time to take it to the DMV this week!!!

Will update again