Two More Questions and Blank off Plate Picture needed

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by cmkruse, Jan 29, 2019.

1. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

I've checked every page of my assembly manual and I can't find which of the fender blank off plates goes on which side. I think the one shaped like an "L" goes on the drivers side but don't understand why its shaped like an "L" and the other one goes on the passenger side but don't know how it's oriented. Any one have a picture of the firewall to fender mounting showing these plates? While I'm asking I also need to know how the two brace rods that are in front of the radiator are installed. I have an old picture showing them disconnected and in an "X" configuration but don't know how or what they connected to. I was thinking the radiator support pan shield thing but they look to short or maybe they hook to the grille. Why doesn't the assembly manual show the radiator and the bracing - 0ops thats three questions..:D

2. LaTroca52

LaTroca52 Member

4E64EBE8-23F5-4BC5-8144-43542DED62E6.jpeg E184B229-C2DE-4297-BEE4-EB08EB039F76.jpeg 03C9B1DF-3A8C-4AC3-9C04-6D9B250E360C.jpeg I think this what you’re looking for I don’t have a good pic of passenger side
    I tack welded mine in

3. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Great THANKS :) thats what I was trying to figure out on those blank off plate things.

4. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

LaTroca52, I notice in one of the pictures that the plate has the seal like the manual shows (I finally found a pic for a 5000 model). Do you know if these seals are available or what would work. I'm reluctant to weld the plates in as in the other pictures as I'm not sure of the inner fender fitment yet. That raises another question I have regarding the inner fender - does it mount on the outside of the area that the picture shows with the welded plate? If you know where the pictures are from on the welded plates maybe I could see how the inner and outer fenders are bolted up. I Sure appreciate the help.

5. LaTroca52

LaTroca52 Member

No issues with inner fender I will get some pics for you as soon as I can with the plates mounted with the screws there is a piece of rubber that is stapled to the plate.
    Stock or welded there is a little gap between plate and inner fender like I said I will snap some pics time willing

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019 at 7:14 PM