Universal oil-temp-volts gauges

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Guest5979, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

Need feed back I'm attempting to rewire my 52 Chevy truck no Pryor experience whatsoever speedway 22 circuit harness my wife got me a couple of years ago so I'm going to use it
    I was thinking of using a universal oil-temp-volts gauges under the dash due to the fact that I welded up all the holes in firewall 42 to be exact so thought maybe good idea to use universal gauges wire is easier to reroute the metal tubing
    Appreciate any and all feed back to stop my madness
    Thanks Robert

2. coilover

coilover Member

Not a real fan of under dash gauges but with that said I have one (temp gauge) on my 37 Buick while waiting for original to be rebuilt. We had a 54 come in which uses a 5" cluster like the 47-53 but dash is contoured different which doesn't affect the gauge cluster. The owner had put 4 small electric gauges in the cluster which looked OK but his small speedometer choice looked crappy. Doesn't look hard to do and keeps gauges where they belong. Instruments 002.jpg

3. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

I see what your saying Evan I was thinking piano type hinge to tuck it under pull down if needed just another thought to over think stuck on the rewire process must be 6 ignition wires on that harness started to look at 12 circuit harness might just yank this one start over

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Multiple ignition leads is good Robert ~

It allows multiple fuses / breakers so when something goes amiss, you won't get stranded .

Hopefully you know that the ignition proper, is never fused .